Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I bought my 2006 Vulcan 900 in 2007. I enjoyed riding for a long time, then I ruptured my Achilles and had to have surgery... That meant I was off the bike for a few years... I am all healed now and riding again... However i have notice where I could touch the ground fairly well in 2007, I can barely touch now. I tippy toe alot and I have even dropped my bike due to no footing. I am an older female, 5' 2"... I am trying to find out how difficult it is to lower the shocks, and how bad does it mess up the ride? Or should I put a lowering kit on it?? Can anyone help me? I want to feel sure about riding again.. At this point I am a little weary... I do not want to drop my bike again, that REALLY upset me.... Thanks in advance for any advise...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I lowered my vn900 2" with a barons lowering kit and love it. Handles better then stock for me and I feel much more comfortable when stopped and my feet can be firmly planted on the ground. Don't hesitate, get the lowering kit, you will be very happy you did!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey Mimi. I lowered my Custom 2" in the rear only and it is perfect. No handling issues. I did not drop the front forks, and don't think I need to.

It'll be fine. Go with the Barons lowering link.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My wife needs hers lowered. Actually having the dealer do it. Did you have to do anything to the side stand so it does not "rest" too vertical.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My wife needs hers lowered. Actually having the dealer do it. Did you have to do anything to the side stand so it does not "rest" too vertical.
The bike does stand more straight up and is a little scary if you try and park with the bars turned far right. Turn the bars to the left , with the lean and you'll be fine. I have read different threads about this, seems the easiest fix is to put the stand in a press and slightly bend it out, I've never felt the need to attempt it.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I did not bend the side stand either. You just have to watch if you are parking on any sort of incline / decline - and not put the right side of the bike on the downhill side. I'm not sure if you bend the side stand how it will look / fit when it is in the "up" position...but like I said, I have never felt the need to bend it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts