Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 08 9 classic. Seems i must be short armed (glad thats all that is short).
I like the handles bars closer to me by about a inch or so, when i make slow speed left turns, i cant help but twist the throttle.

Not looking to rise the bars up. Just back.

I dont find any help on a search.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just make right turns. Three rights make a left! Cheap easy solution :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Could always come in hot and hold the clutch and do a one handed turn:D.

I would assume there are risers out there they are factory height but with a bit of a pull back. I have never had that problem. Actually my knees get in to the bars a little bit on parking lot turns on the V2K.

·
Registered
111 Posts

·
Registered
2,001 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same problem but I think it is because the handlebars are so wide. I may get narrower bars with a little more pull back.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Those look like the socket risers, you could buy your own bolt if you needed.
But, before you drill your tree do a search for barons riser adapter.

Scott

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
111 Posts
I didn't have to drill, direct 20 min swap. Locktite and a wrench, super easy and I'm not super mechanical. As for the question of quality, I'd buy them again in a second, very impressed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny stuff..I haven't put these on yet but since I got my backrest I can't quite layback enough without the throttle lock on to enjoy. These kickbacks should be the ticket.

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Baron+Custom+Accessories+Kickback+Riser+BA-7410-U+&Search.x=13&Search.y=12
I like the look of these. But the price of the others.
But I think I'll try these out. Other may work great. But I like the finish on this set.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
But I think I'll try these out. Other may work great. But I like the finish on this set.

This place is the cheapest I could find. That link is the part specific for my 1500. Just saying. After about ten days I had to get a hold of them cause I never got them or received an E-Mail to let me know they were back ordered or something. I got a call saying the order got mixed up and they would ship immediately. So keep on them.

·
Registered
165 Posts

I got a set of them for my 900. They are really pretty nice for the price. I just didn't care for the position of the bars with them. I have them laying around somewhere if someone wants them for $10 shipped.

·
Registered
256 Posts
or you can try changing your seat to a saddleman and that will move you up an inch , that way you wont have to get risers because i think risers or your only bet aside from changing to newer bars. The risers will move you up and come back about an inch

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
or you can try changing your seat to a saddleman and that will move you up an inch , that way you wont have to get risers because i think risers or your only bet aside from changing to newer bars. The risers will move you up and come back about an inch
Very good point. I am not happy with the stock seat as it is. Will be doing some long trips this year and this seat offers no back support to me.
So maybe I should look into a different seat before i change the bars.

This is the reason I love this forum. It helps/makes you think if other options.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Very good point. I am not happy with the stock seat as it is. Will be doing some long trips this year and this seat offers no back support to me.
So maybe I should look into a different seat before i change the bars.

This is the reason I love this forum. It helps/makes you think if other options.
I have never ridden on any after market seats other than mustangs. From what I have noticed with them they usually tend to move you up and toward the bars a bit. I don't know about the 900 but that is what it done on my old Yamaha.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I got a set of them for my 900. They are really pretty nice for the price. I just didn't care for the position of the bars with them. I have them laying around somewhere if someone wants them for $10 shipped.
Dang...wish I known that before I dropped a bill for mine. Just curious: are yours the same part number? BA-7410-U

1 - 20 of 30 Posts