Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's time to get a sound system on my bike. I would love to be cruising with some tunes. I am willing to spend a good chunk of money for it because I want something that is gonna be plenty loud when I'm riding. I've seen some cheap universal ones on eBay but I'm sure there junk. I have a 01' 800a. I don't want something to bulky because I like the sleekness and basic like style the a body has wanna keep it like it as much as possible. What do you guys have or recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the same thought as you about being bulky and I am looking at Bluetooth ear buds that would work in conjunction with my phone. don't know what your music source preference is (radio, streaming, ipod, etc.) but thought this would be an easy way to make sure I don't leave anything on the bike while not with it. I just think anything I would add to the bike could grow legs and wander off while I am gone. interested in seeing responses you get...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same thought as you about being bulky and I am looking at Bluetooth ear buds that would work in conjunction with my phone. don't know what your music source preference is (radio, streaming, ipod, etc.) but thought this would be an easy way to make sure I don't leave anything on the bike while not with it. I just think anything I would add to the bike could grow legs and wander off while I am gone. interested in seeing responses you get...
I'm interested to. I have tried headphones and they never wanna stay in your ear and stuff. I would love to put a sound system on it that way the girlfriend can hear it to

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I have a BOSS speaker/amp system on my 800b. Does a decent job up to around 60-70 with my 19" memphis fats windshield on. Without it, its about done by 40-45mph. Has amp in right side cover, and 4" speakers with mirror mounts, has a standard stereo headphone jack that plugs into you phone or in my case a 16gb I-pod. I put the I-pog in the pocket of my tank bib when in use. Has remote volume control I mounted in my left side cover, this way its not blaring when you stop in traffic. Got it in the mall at the auto audio store, Jokers I think.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a BOSS speaker/amp system on my 800b. Does a decent job up to around 60-70 with my 19" memphis fats windshield on. Without it, its about done by 40-45mph. Has amp in right side cover, and 4" speakers with mirror mounts, has a standard stereo headphone jack that plugs into you phone or in my case a 16gb I-pod. I put the I-pog in the pocket of my tank bib when in use. Has remote volume control I mounted in my left side cover, this way its not blaring when you stop in traffic. Got it in the mall at the auto audio store, Jokers I think.
I just ordered those on Amazon. Had good reviews and is only 50$ so hell why not. The one I got does not have a remote tho because I heard the remotes were junk. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004S4XMH2 if you could get pictures and let me know how you installed it that would be awesome

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just ordered those on Amazon. Had good reviews and is only 50$ so hell why not. The one I got does not have a remote tho because I heard the remotes were junk. Here is the link http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004S4XMH2 if you could get pictures and let me know how you installed it that would be awesome
I have that system on my 800 as well. The speakers are junk on 3 rd set in 1 riding season.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Have had mine about 2 years and only issue was I lost the grill off the right speaker. Maybe I got lucky on mine?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have had mine about 2 years and only issue was I lost the grill off the right speaker. Maybe I got lucky on mine?
I have that system on my 800 as well. The speakers are junk on 3 rd set in 1 riding season.
Well I just got them and went to install, the brackets that come with it are to big for my handle bars. The only way to get the clamps off would be to cut the wires. Starting to think this isn't worth it. How did you guys mount yours? Mine came with a threaded bolt into the speaker and not the mirror holes

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not the best photos, but you should be able to see how mine mounted. I have the amp in the right side cover.
I screwed with it some yesterday. Got the clamps to work with some modifications and got all the wiring ran. Put the amp in the right side cover because you did it and I would say that's a damn good spot plus there's still room to keep stuff in there. I got everything together to find out the amp does not work. So I have to call boss today and get them to send me a new one

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had the Pyle one on mine.....400 watts....it sucked...took it off and sold it.......them little 3 and 4 inch speakers just dont get it....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I went to fire my bike up today and my battery was dead and might be shot. Would that sound system run a battery dead even with a volume turned down all the way. I mean the speakers are ran straight to the battery and the amp is always on and I figured it can't pull enough draw to drain the battery. What do you guys think? Should I wire it to the key? If so how do I do that?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Hot all the time will drain the battery. I wired mine into tge tail light so is only on with the key in either on or park positions. When key of, no power to amp. I did this at a plug in the left side cover. Never had a dead battery except the time I left the key on 8 hrs when I got to work, head light and all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hot all the time will drain the battery. I wired mine into tge tail light so is only on with the key in either on or park positions. When key of, no power to amp. I did this at a plug in the left side cover. Never had a dead battery except the time I left the key on 8 hrs when I got to work, head light and all.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Ok thank you im going to rewire it. Also just incase my battery is shot does anyone reccomend a battery ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok thank you im going to rewire it. Also just incase my battery is shot does anyone reccomend a battery ?
I ran a switch and put it in the left side cover. Big crank batteries are good. BatteryMart.com carries them with fast and free shipping.
USA-Made Big Crank ETX14 Battery USA-Made Big Crank ETX14 Battery
BM Part #: ETX-14
(360 reviews)
Your Price: $84.95
Free Ground Shipping!
12 Volt 12 Ah
AGM
Quantity Add To Basket
(more info)
YTX14-BS AGM Maintenance Free Battery YTX14-BS AGM Maintenance Free Battery
BM Part #: YTX14-BS
(732 reviews)