Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Need help with a couple of things:
1) Is the BAK worth having on the beast?

2) Has anyone put a rear tire on the front? Good Bad Dumb?

3) If you live in or near Placentia, California please take your Vn 2000 to Lindby Customs, so that they can build a prototype of their road bars for the 2000.

Hoping for alot of input from you all to help me with my quandary. Thanks for your time and input. CrazyDave out

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I have the BAK on my V2K with Freedom Performance pipes and Cobra Fi2000r fuel management system. definitely notice the difference from stock in acceleration and even seems to be an increase in torque. The sound, amazing. BigSarge and Smedlin also have a similar setup. Let's see what they think.
Don't see the point in putting a200/60 tire on the front. A bit more rubber on the road, but would probably affect handling and steering adversely.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have commander II rear tires on the front and car tires on the back of 2 bikes, haven't put a lot of miles on either but then again haven't had any problems, hopefully they will get a lot better milage than the stock bike tires.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have been more clear in my question, I want to put wide white walls on my bike and thought about vee rubber tires. They only make the 150/80 /16 in a rear tire. Do you think that would work out ok? Sorry so vague in my first post.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I spoke with staff at motorcycle maniac about the 150/80/16 WWW rear on the front of my v2k. They though it would work fine. I have read about others running rear tires on fronts. IF you search you may find some info. I am unaware of any issues. From research i've done, front tires often have less weight capacity in a similar size. It may allow them to flex more. Other than that i don.t know.

I chose however to buy the MT90 16 WWW front tire and try it instead. Its a little narrower than the 150 (about 130) but its weight rating is slightly higher than the oem bridgestone. I also thought a slightly more petit look up front would be nice. I'm not advocating either way its what i chose. I havn't run them yet. Its 4 degrees today!

Has anyone else tried a smaller tire up front?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for your input, I think I will try the Metzeler 150/80/16 WWW on the front and the Vee rubber 200/60/16 on the rear. Just want to see how close the white walls are in size(width). I'm willing to listen to anyone else who wants to join this discussion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi,what brand of tire did you buy in the mt90 Spock.i have been thinking of doing the same.we have been using a 180/70 x 16 shinko on the rear for the last 6000ks and are very happy with the feel of the bike.bike is much easier to handle at low speeds and no noticeable difference at speed,seems to be lasting at least as well as the me880's.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey wrench

I bought both Vee rubber VRM 302.

I bought a pair last year for my Honda shadow. They seemed to ride a little stiffer but I liked the handling. I'll try them on the heavier V2K and we'll see

I am replacing an ME880 of the front. Worst tire i have ever had. Cupped at 1500 miles and totally bald at 5K. Worse than the OEM bridgestone even.

So far my favorite has been the avon cobra i replaced with the ME880. 14K and counting. Replaced prematurely for convenience.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Nope sorry it was confusing the way I wrote it.

I got 14K on the avon. I replaced it early because I was at the dealership for some other repairs. I replaced it with the ME880. Worst tire I have had on any bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts