Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My riding buddy has a 08 v2k with a blue flame custom paint job from the factory. His is number 3 of 150 but we can find no reference to it anywhere online. We were told it is a Dawson paint job but that means little to either of us. He just bought his fiancee a bike so he its looking at different solo options and this numbered paint job came up. Any help would be great. Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Hmm.... custom paint job from the factory???

While there were a few different color options you could choose from, I don't think there was ever a "flame" option. You had your basic colors (that changed each year) and you got to pick one of those.

How about posting a pic of the bike so we can see what your referring to?

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
maybe a custom bike shop got a deal from Kaw to do some custom paint work on bikes and then was able to sale them as new. But I believe Smed is right on the "Factory" paint schemes.

Kind of like the Centron custom ford vehicles. They took F-350's and made Broncos out of them back in the day and things like that. Maybe a similar deal.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yeah, unless it's actually numbered on something on the bike my guess would be it was done on a contractual basis.

For instance my Buell is a LE Carbon Fiber Edition, #205 of 250 engraved in the gas cap.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I had never heard of it before but I did find #6.

Wow, no matter what order you put the words Dawsons custom paint, Kawasaki VN2000 nothing comes up in Google. I've learned something new today, good luck in your search!

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,905 Posts
Ahh.. I remember those now. I remember several years ago, a guy local to me was getting them. I ran into him at the dealership.

story was, his bike has been knocked over, and the insurance was replacing the fenders and tanks, so he spent the money to upgrade to those.

It wasn't just for the 2000 though, it's for lot's of models (but only for Kawasaki).

I don't think I would really call it "custom paint job" though.. since he mass created a bunch at once.

I doubt they sold very well. You have to buy each piece out right. Almost a grand per item. Would be MUCH cheaper to have a true custom paint job done...

·
Registered
251 Posts
kinda funny but I am in the process of putting all new tins on one of my v2ks that is by the same guy but in a ferrari red with the tribal design.They are nice but not as nice as the custom paint I had done.

[/IMG]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts