Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a nice looking set of handlebar risers. I'm looking for a pullback style about 2 inches high for a 2009 VN2000 Classic LT, at a reasonable price ?????

·
Registered
40 Posts
I put Phat II risers on my '05 Nomad and now on my new '08 VN2K. Look good and work well.

LEW in Durango

·
Registered
11 Posts
Becarful what kind you get. I got some drag speicalitys 4 1/2 pull backs. They work great but had to do some modding. We driilled the holes on the triple clamp cause the bolts for them are 1/2 inch. We had to relocate the clutch cable to inside the forks but it still looks good. When all put together the riser just baerly hit the speedo cluster when going from lock to lock. if you take the drivers seat of and remove the tank bolt, find another bolt that is a 1/2 inch longer you can put a spacer between the frame and the tank (1/4 inch i think) then it will clear. I like the way it made my seat fit tighter to the tank to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am thinking about putting a set of risers on my '06, but I am concerned if it will affect the handling of that big thing. I know it will pull the bars back and make it a more comfortable ride, but will it still handle the same?

·
Registered
40 Posts
tilted

My stock handlebars were lifted or tilted up so the brake and clutch handles would clear my legs in a full lock. I'm 6'4". That was because the MSF class required such tight turns and I just couldn't do them as it was. Now I am accustomed to having the handlebars pretty level.

It would be better if the handles were set differently. I get a cramp in my right upper back/shoulder. I could push my backrest forward some and continue to use them as they are. I could lower them to almost where they were and not try totally locking in a tight slow turn. Ideally, I'd like the bars back some, tilted down like they were, but high like they are now.

So, I suppose I nees risers, too. That is a job for next year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had the same cramp between my shoulders after a days ride. I just put a Flanders G6 handlebar on my 04 and they have a two inch longer pullback. I haven't had a chance to take a long ride, but my arms are definitely at a more comfortable bend so I think they'll be a great improvement.

Jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought a set of 4inch risers off E Bay but have yet to fit them. It looks as if I have to remove the top triple clamp to do this as there is no clearance for a socket or a spanner between the locking nut and the frame. The only issue with removing the top clamp is that if you don't keep some pressure on the front wheel the forks will move back. A real pain in the rear end. I guess I will have to get a couple of mates around for a beer or three fire up the barbie and get to work. I have also been told that you can fit 4inch risers without having to relocate cables so we will soon see.

Cheers and Beers.

Bob

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know this is an old thread... but I hope someone can provide me w/ a bit of info. I have short arms... almost like a T-Rex on a motorcycle.

Now that I have my ultimate seat w/ backrest, my arms are fully extended. After a while, it becomes uncomfortable; my shoulders and elbows begin to cramp up.

Friends/Forums have suggested both the Phatriser IIs as well as the Flanders G6 handlebar (listed previously in this thread). Has anyone used either of these? I like the approximate level of the grips, but would like them an inch or two closer.

Any help or direction is appreciated.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know this is an old thread... but I hope someone can provide me w/ a bit of info. I have short arms... almost like a T-Rex on a motorcycle.

Now that I have my ultimate seat w/ backrest, my arms are fully extended. After a while, it becomes uncomfortable; my shoulders and elbows begin to cramp up.

Friends/Forums have suggested both the Phatriser IIs as well as the Flanders G6 handlebar (listed previously in this thread). Has anyone used either of these? I like the approximate level of the grips, but would like them an inch or two closer.

Any help or direction is appreciated.
I have the scootworks Phat II risers on my V2K Classic. PhatRiser II handlebar risers raise the bars 2" above that of the OEM Kawasaki mount, and pulls your grips back 3" closer to you.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm leaning towards them. Did you have any issues w/ your cables or clearance around the tach when turning?
I only had to re-route the clutch cable behind the top triple tree clamp, all other cables fit fine.

The Phat II's have two sets of mounting holes on the bottom - one is dead center and the other is off-set. Use the off-set holes and the risers will just clear the speedo nacelle at full turn lock (take another look at the photo I posted and you can see the clearance).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts