Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The T bars on the Custom have threaded studs welded to the bottom of each riser. Those studs go down through the trees and are secured by a nut. Any riser made for, or would work on a Classic, would not work on a Custom. very similar to these.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They're the ones I bought, only in black. Mine are due this week. Once they are bolted to the tree, can you get to the nuts that hold the drag bars if they need adjusted? I was wondering how these risers would be to get lined up. Also while my tubes are off, I moved the cables behind the tree. Don't know if that was necessary.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hey! No, you cannot get to the nut/bolt that holds the riser to the bars once the riser is bolted to the tree...its a PITA for sure. The risers gets bolted to the bars first.

I made a little jig that held the angle of the risers (bolt spacing) equal to the top of the tree, and then tightened down the nut/bolt that holds the riser to the bars. It took some fiddling to get it right. I used a dab of loctite once I was happy with the angles.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I though that based on a wooden mock up I made. I think i'll make a tree out of wood, only narrower to allow access to the nuts. thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts