Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered some Freedom Performance Liberty slip-ons for my 2016 Vaquero along with a set of quiet baffles in case it is too loud. Everything is else is stock,except I did marble the fresh air injection hose. I currently have a Map installed that boosts the fuel range on the stock system a little to help with the decel popping. Helps a little. Does anyone have a map I can try now that I will be installing aftermarket mufflers or just to update the map for decel popping in general? The last map I added over 2 years ago. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would send your computer to Ivan and have him do it and be done with it he's got everything worked out to a t it sounds like

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yep... What ksgjlg said. Most of us have stripped our fuel tuners out of our 1700's in favor of having Ivan re-flash the ECU. See Ivan's Performance Products

Out of interest... What part number are the quiet baffles for the FP Liberty's? I asked FP, but they never responded. Is it the "for 4" systems AC00088"? I have the same pipes, and while they're borderline too loud, I'm growing used to them. It'll take a long trip for me to fully decide, but it's out-of-season down here so that's delayed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The baffles are AC00193. So I'm told. Suppose to fit the dual system. Still waiting for them to arrive from Phat Performance Parts. Currently $128 with their 5% off sale. Just finished putting the mufflers on. Sound pretty good in the garage. We'll see what they are like when I take the bike out. I've heard pros and cons about the noise so I just went ahead and order the quiet baffles just in case. The pipes just but a good dent in the piggy bank. I'll have to wait on Ivan's re-flash. Hoping the PCV will get me by for now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
The best collection of PCV maps is held by David Sheek, even though he's totaled his 1700 now. If you search the forum you'll find threads he's started on that topic, and if you send him a PM I'm sure he'll help you.

The Liberty's BARK, in comparison to the Cobra slashcut pipes I had on there before them. And they're particularly deep on deceleration. They will sound a little different with a PCV though, Ivan's tune changes the exhaust tone and eliminates decel popping completely.

The Liberty's are also a little easier to scrape, unfortunately. I'm looking at a 180/70 for my next rear tire to help with that issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts