Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing a lot of pics of the Vulcan with different handlebars on them. I have a brand new Vulcan 900 and want something similar to some mini ape hangers, probably no more than a 9 inch rise. Any suggestions?

Also a quick question on exhaust, I was stuck on getting some V&H long shots or big shots but that was until I discovered the Hard Krome 3 inch drags. What do you guys think? I'm wanting a deeper rumbling sound.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I can't help with the handlebar question. I have been wanting to change mine for a while, but have never got around to it. Now as for the Hard Krome 3 inch drags. I have them on my 08 custom. An they sound great. Nice an deep an real loud. They were on the bike when I bought it 4 years ago an they still look new.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I heard they hold the chrome well and no bluing. I have a chance to get some on Ebay someone has a set that was on a display bike and is selling them for $400 I offered $300 we'll see what happens.
I did put some Phat Risers on which made a world of difference, I just don't like the stock handlebars.

·
Registered
430 Posts

Got these bars from eBay for about $70. They're 9.5" with the classic 900 risers. No problems with cables.

That's my son and wife btw...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, eBay does seem to be the way to go, as far as price. I noticed you had slash cuts v&h pipes, did they really make a lot of difference? Did you have to get s tuner?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got the Fuel Pak from Vance and Hines. Works great. Never had any issues and it's really easy to install.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Talked to v&h on the phone, they told me one wasn't out yet for the 2014. Don't really want to spend that much anyway.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I've been noticing a lot of pics of the Vulcan with different handlebars on them. I have a brand new Vulcan 900 and want something similar to some mini ape hangers, probably no more than a 9 inch rise. Any suggestions?

Also a quick question on exhaust, I was stuck on getting some V&H long shots or big shots but that was until I discovered the Hard Krome 3 inch drags. What do you guys think? I'm wanting a deeper rumbling sound.
I put on some 8" mini apes and 3.5" pullback risers. Love the setup, and would never go back to the oem style setup. No cable rerouting needed, tho it is at the very end of their reach. These are the bars I bought, but they aren't available right now. i got lucky and purchased them for only $45 at the time. Maybe you can find them elsewhere? As for the exhaust, I have the cobra speedster longs and they sound great, but not the deep rumple your looking for. Any of the big radius pipes will help with that for you. be adivsed they will be super loud though too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4MZPZY/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I put on some 8" mini apes and 3.5" pullback risers. Love the setup, and would never go back to the oem style setup. No cable rerouting needed, tho it is at the very end of their reach. These are the bars I bought, but they aren't available right now. i got lucky and purchased them for only $45 at the time. Maybe you can find them elsewhere? As for the exhaust, I have the cobra speedster longs and they sound great, but not the deep rumple your looking for. Any of the big radius pipes will help with that for you. be adivsed they will be super loud though too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4MZPZY/ref=oh_details_o09_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This is exactly the look I'm going for. Looks great, I emailed the company where you got them and hopefully they have something similiar in stock for me. Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Very frustrating these aren't available, seems to be hard to find anywhere.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
You could easily go with 10" apes on the stock risers and still be ok on the cables.

·
Registered
34 Posts
atineo,
How do these bars compare to the stock bars on the custom? Are they higher? They look narrower (a plus, in my opinion) how many inches tip to tip? Do they pull back closer to you? Is steering noticeably different or harder? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking of swapping bars my self. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
atineo,
How do these bars compare to the stock bars on the custom? Are they higher? They look narrower (a plus, in my opinion) how many inches tip to tip? Do they pull back closer to you? Is steering noticeably different or harder? Sorry for all the questions but I'm thinking of swapping bars my self. Thanks.
Are you talking about the drag style bars on the custom? I don't think they are too much narrower. My classic stock bars are 33" wide. I don't mind the width but I want them to go higher then down at the grips instead of up and the up again ay the grips, very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've been toying with new handlebars for my custom as well. I have risers with the stock bars currently, and that helped a tonne. I think I'd prefer straight bars as opposed bars that slightly curve back. Has anyone installed a T-bar or similar on a custom. Seems it's a bit easier for the guys/gals with classic's to change the bars?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner, August 2013
202 Posts
I clicked on that Amazon link and it shows 2 in stock right now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts