Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i think the bars on my bike are the orginal ones, i have the neclace headlight and dont want riser was thinking just some affordable monkey bars. I read on here somewhere that there is a cetain height you can go with out redoing cables and brake lines, was wondreing if anyone knew.

Also any suggestions on make/model of bars. i am 5'11" the current set up i need about 3-5" back and 2" up would be mo-better. Just so i am not feeling like my arms are always stretched out, after long rides my shoulders are killing me.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Monkey See, Monkey Do

Ok so i think the bars on my bike are the orginal ones, i have the neclace headlight and dont want riser was thinking just some affordable monkey bars. I read on here somewhere that there is a cetain height you can go with out redoing cables and brake lines, was wondreing if anyone knew.

Also any suggestions on make/model of bars. i am 5'11" the current set up i need about 3-5" back and 2" up would be mo-better. Just so i am not feeling like my arms are always stretched out, after long rides my shoulders are killing me.
rt, 12" monkey bars on stock risers is as far as you can go with stock cables. you hafta reroute the clutch and throttle cables behind the top triple tree, but it worx and aint too ugly. see attached pix.
you can get standard 1" dia bars outa any hardley catalog or reseller for unner hunerd bux. Its them Inch n quarter or half that cos you 3-4 smackers. ponch

ps. 10" would be more better

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I'd like to see the end result.

·
Registered
111 Posts
[QUOTE after long rides my shoulders are killing me.[/QUOTE]

Every two or three weeks or so I ride with a group of guys that ride a wide assortment of bikes. Everyone gets along well and talks alot. This one guy that I talk to rides a Hardly with 36 inch ape hangers. When he is not sitting on his bike he is walking around rubbing his shoulders complaining about how much his shoulders hurt. I guess mine would hurt too if I rode around all day with my arms stretched out above my head.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE after long rides my shoulders are killing me.

Every two or three weeks or so I ride with a group of guys that ride a wide assortment of bikes. Everyone gets along well and talks alot. This one guy that I talk to rides a Hardly with 36 inch ape hangers. When he is not sitting on his bike he is walking around rubbing his shoulders complaining about how much his shoulders hurt. I guess mine would hurt too if I rode around all day with my arms stretched out above my head.[/QUOTE]

I would bet above your head i would think your hands would fall asleep to from lack of blood. i am thinking 12" will make my hand height where my arms from slouder to hand is level which seems like it would be comfortable. we'll see tracking says the'll be here tomorrow.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I would bet above your head i would think your hands would fall asleep to from lack of blood. i am thinking 12" will make my hand height where my arms from slouder to hand is level which seems like it would be comfortable. we'll see tracking says the'll be here tomorrow.
rt, shoulder height is comfy for a while. Like painting a wall, soon nuff fatigue sets in. The key is where your hands are above yor heart works harder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts