Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a 2005 VN2000 Limited. It has Corbin Bubble Hard Bags that are very nice and look great. Problem, I cannot put a luggage rack with the Corbin bags. Any suggestions? Anyone in the market for some custom painted Corbim bags. Make my bike look very nice but I want a luggage rack also for the longer rides with my girlfriend. Bike is Red and black two tone. Also have a back rest for a Corbin seat. Took the Corbin seat that came with the bike and had it customed to me. Love my new seat and so does my girlfriend. Looking forward to some very long rides!!!!!!!! Great bike!!

·
Registered
563 Posts
I might be interested, what color are the bags - my V2K is black? Are they lockable? do you have pics?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are Black and Red, same as my bike. They do lock, I have key and I have not taken any pics yet but will take some and post them. The are also lined in the inside.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks i am curious to see if they would match an all black bike

·
Registered
198 Posts
You say Corbin "Bubble" bags, but I'm assuming you actually mean "Beetle" bags. I also was interested in these bags when I first got my bike, but was put off by the fact you couldn't put a passenger backrest on. I later found out after after I posted this on another forum that someone said he was able to modify his backrest to work with the bags as shown in the below photos. I'm not sure exactly how he did it, but it looks like he took the rear chrome fender strut cover off and then mounted the passenger backrest mount between the fender and the fender strut and then put the chrome cover back on using spacers and longer mounting bolts. You can see in the rear photo that the bags don't fit completely flush against the fender because of the spacers, but I don't think it's that noticeable and it still looks good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Curious if you are still looking to sell your saddle bags. My 2K is also red and black so I might be interested?
Thanks
Hose

·
Registered
11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
????

Six-pac
Nice looking ride. I too have been a fan of the Corbin Beetle bags, but never was able to convince myself to spend the coin.
I have same bike with H-D Heritage Softail bags
I do have a question: do the "beetle" bags add a level of frustration at tire change time?? Or do they remove easily, for maint. work? ie: brake, tire.belt etc
Looks great !!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Three screw bolts inside each bag and one stabilizer bolt at rear fender area of each bag..... remove bag in less than 10 min..:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Recently purchased a 2005 VN2000 Limited. It has Corbin Bubble Hard Bags that are very nice and look great. Problem, I cannot put a luggage rack with the Corbin bags. Any suggestions? Anyone in the market for some custom painted Corbim bags. Make my bike look very nice but I want a luggage rack also for the longer rides with my girlfriend. Bike is Red and black two tone. Also have a back rest for a Corbin seat. Took the Corbin seat that came with the bike and had it customed to me. Love my new seat and so does my girlfriend. Looking forward to some very long rides!!!!!!!! Great bike!!
Sent you a message earlier, but no reply. Curious if you still have the Corbin bags for sale?
Thanks
Hose

·
Registered
563 Posts
Do you still have the bags for sale? I am interested as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts