Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what are the tooth counts for the front and rear pulleys on the 900's. I believe the front is 32, what is the rear?

THANX

RACNRAY

·
Registered
347 Posts
Google yields the following result:

Scootworks overdrive pulleys for the Kawasaki Vulcan 900, to help reduce engine RPMs at highway speeds. These are a direct replacement for the stock pulleys, and do NOT require belt replacement. The rear pulley is available in a silver finish or unfinished. The unfinished unit is as a result of so many people wanting one to paint various colors. The rear pulley was also designed with a deeper flange, to resemble the original rear pulley's outside diameter and retain a good fit within belt guard. NOTE* This conversion, like most all aftermarket parts, is not a DOT approved product. - The front pulley is +2 teeth, rendering a 34 tooth pulley. Changing only the front pulley will change the final drive ratio from 2.0625:1 to 1.941:1. This yields a 5.9% reduction in final drive ratio. - The rear pulley is -4 teeth, rendering a 62 tooth pulley. Changing only the rear pulley will change the final drive ratio from 2.0625:1 to 1.9375:1. This yields a 6.1% reduction in final drive ratio. - Changing the front & rear pulley will change the final drive ratio from 2.0625:1 to 1.8235:1. This yields a 11.6% reduction in final drive ratio. Great for highway touring and better gas mileage!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew about the o/d front pulley available for the 900. That is 2 teeth bigger than the 32 on my 1700. I was hopin maybe the rear pulley would be a few teeth smaller than the 1700 which is a 72 tooth but even the stock 66 tooth900 pulley would be too much of a change.

I'm gonna get the 34 tooth 900 pulley and adapt it too my 1700 as the output shafts are different sizes. This would be the change I was lookin for, I was just hopin for a bolt-on.

THANX for the specs.

RACNRAY

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AWE SHUCKS..i just checked, ain't room for a bigger front pulley.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts