Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering ordering a Clearview Shield for my 2016 Vaquero. My bike has the stock seat, which I'm happy with.

I'm uncertain about which size to order. The web site says a Small is 16.5 inches in vertical height, but I don't know if that will be too tall or too short. Ideally I want to be able to see over it by about 2 inches. I'm six feet tall.

Anyone else with the same bike buy a Clearview? What size did you get and how easy was the install?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The website states how to measure the height of the windshield from your ignition switch. I suggest you look at it again as you can determine exactly where the windshield top end will be. Only you can decide where you want it as we don't know where your eyes sit compared to it but at 6 feet you are tall...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm 6' tall and I have a mustang seat on my Voyager. I bought a 12" Klock Werks shield and I look just over the top edge. I could stand for it to be a little lower.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm 6'2", mostly just legs though. I also have a mustang seat & ordered a medium Clearview w vent assy. I like to still look over the sheild not thru it..

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I'm 5'8" and just got my Clearview monday for my Voyager. I also have my stock seat, but its shaved down about an inch lower. With the medium windshield, its right at eye level for me. I'm confused on you saying the small is 16.5" because I ordered the medium and its 14.5", the large is said to be 16.5" and the small is 12.5" I believe. What bike are you refferring to, Nomad maybe?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm 5'8" and just got my Clearview monday for my Voyager. I also have my stock seat, but its shaved down about an inch lower. With the medium windshield, its right at eye level for me. I'm confused on you saying the small is 16.5" because I ordered the medium and its 14.5", the large is said to be 16.5" and the small is 12.5" I believe. What bike are you refferring to, Nomad maybe?
I'm talking about the Vaquero. This is what it says on the web site:

Small 13 1/4" length 16 1/2" vertical
Medium 14 3/4" length 17 1/2" vertical
Large 16 1/4" length 18 1/2" vertical
XL 17 1/2" length 19 1/2" vertical

https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/kawasaki/voyager-1700-vaquero/

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I'm talking about the Vaquero. This is what it says on the web site:

Small 13 1/4" length 16 1/2" vertical
Medium 14 3/4" length 17 1/2" vertical
Large 16 1/4" length 18 1/2" vertical
XL 17 1/2" length 19 1/2" vertical

https://www.clearviewshields.com/motorcycle-windshield/kawasaki/voyager-1700-vaquero/
The 16 1/2" for the small is the measurement up from the ignition switch, but the windshield itself is 13 1/4" high. I got the medium which is 17 1/2" up from the ignition switch, but windshield is 14 3/4" tall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 16 1/2" for the small is the measurement up from the ignition switch, but the windshield itself is 13 1/4" high. I got the medium which is 17 1/2" up from the ignition switch, but windshield is 14 3/4" tall.
Thanks for your feedback Rick

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After reading many reviews and weighing all options, I changed my mind about getting a Clearview Shield. I ordered a Kawasaki 12" on Amazon and got it in three days. It came with all the mounting hardware.

I installed it easily when it arrived and went for a long ride to evaluate it. I'm somewhat satisfied with it, but I think it's still too short for me.

I like how it cut down on a lot of wind noise and that I can hear the stereo better, even on the highway going over 70 mph. It's tall enough for me to see over unobstructed, but I still think it's too short. I think a 14" or 16" would be a better fit for me. Again I'm six feet tall and on the Vaquero with stock seat.

The problem with ordering the 14" is that Kawasaki sells the 14" for cheaper, but they do not include the mounting hardware: nuts, washers, rubber gasket, and chrome trim. On their web site it says those parts have to be purchased through a dealership, and from what I've read it can get expensive. I think it's a joke that they don't just include everything needed to install with the purchase, like they do with the 12".

So I'm debating whether to return the 12" or keep it. I'm leaning towards keeping it. It's better than the stock shield, cheaper and easier to buy than the 14" or 16", and I have it now, unlike having to wait for the Clearview and gamble on their unreliable customer service (according to several reviews I read).

Oh well

·
Registered
57 Posts
After reading many reviews and weighing all options, I changed my mind about getting a Clearview Shield. I ordered a Kawasaki 12" on Amazon and got it in three days. It came with all the mounting hardware.

I installed it easily when it arrived and went for a long ride to evaluate it. I'm somewhat satisfied with it, but I think it's still too short for me.

I like how it cut down on a lot of wind noise and that I can hear the stereo better, even on the highway going over 70 mph. It's tall enough for me to see over unobstructed, but I still think it's too short. I think a 14" or 16" would be a better fit for me. Again I'm six feet tall and on the Vaquero with stock seat.

The problem with ordering the 14" is that Kawasaki sells the 14" for cheaper, but they do not include the mounting hardware: nuts, washers, rubber gasket, and chrome trim. On their web site it says those parts have to be purchased through a dealership, and from what I've read it can get expensive. I think it's a joke that they don't just include everything needed to install with the purchase, like they do with the 12".

So I'm debating whether to return the 12" or keep it. I'm leaning towards keeping it. It's better than the stock shield, cheaper and easier to buy than the 14" or 16", and I have it now, unlike having to wait for the Clearview and gamble on their unreliable customer service (according to several reviews I read).

Oh well
I have a Vaquero with Mustang seat. I'm about 5'11 and bought the large Clearview with vent. It replaced a 16" Kawasaki shield. My line of sight is a couple inches above the shield. I like it much better than the Kawi shield. The recurve really reflects the wind and bugs up over my helmet. Clearview told me I didn't need they metal trim piece. I'm assuming that's because the Clearview shield is much thicker. It took about a month to get it, but other than that the service was great. My buddy ended up getting the same one for his Voyager and he's very happy with it. I have the Kawasaki shield if you're interested... however I'm in Ontario, Canada. I don't have the metal trim for it either...I actually had the short black shield installed in front of the tall shield.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Vaquero with Mustang seat. I'm about 5'11 and bought the large Clearview with vent. It replaced a 16" Kawasaki shield. My line of sight is a couple inches above the shield. I like it much better than the Kawi shield. The recurve really reflects the wind and bugs up over my helmet. Clearview told me I didn't need they metal trim piece. I'm assuming that's because the Clearview shield is much thicker. It took about a month to get it, but other than that the service was great. My buddy ended up getting the same one for his Voyager and he's very happy with it. I have the Kawasaki shield if you're interested... however I'm in Ontario, Canada. I don't have the metal trim for it either...I actually had the short black shield installed in front of the tall shield.

Ordered my Clearview July 17... Haven't gotten it yet.. starting to wonder???? Why so long a wait? I'm in Pa.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ordered my Clearview July 17... Haven't gotten it yet.. starting to wonder???? Why so long a wait? I'm in Pa.

I hate to say it, but you just have to be patient. They will email you at a couple different stages of the manufacturing process. My buddy's took about 6 weeks. He ordered his early June.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Morgan, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate you sharing this information about your experience.

I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the 12" or go with the 16". I've read mixed reviews about Clearview's customer service

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hate to say it, but you just have to be patient. They will email you at a couple different stages of the manufacturing process. My buddy's took about 6 weeks. He ordered his early June.

Hope it's worth it???

·
Registered
57 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts