Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 classic 800 won't engage 1st gear when warmed up don't know what could be wrong and not sure where to start

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi!
Sorry to hear that :(
Most likely it won't be possible to give You any usable advice in this situation.
Are there any cracking noses coming from Your gearbox or clutch when it's warm (cold)?
Is Your clutch cable adjusted properly and engages the clutch properly? Any free play on lever?
Any free play on gear change lever when shifting down to first gear? Or very short trip from neutral to first?
When was the last oil change? Does the oil correspond to correct viscosity and API standard?
Any metal crumbs in oil or oil filter?

I could continue forever :) It's not possible to solve such problems virtually.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
1. How many miles on it?
2. How long have you owned?
3. Did this just happen one day, or?
4. Describe EXACTLY what happens when you put in gear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the options but after doing bit of a search and Google figured out that it's a sticky kill switch on the kickstand . Nothing serious thank God lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks guys for the options but after doing bit of a search and Google figured out that it's a sticky kill switch on the kickstand . Nothing serious thank God lol
I had that problem when I first got mine back in 97, I had the shop disable that. They said it was a new safety feature, I told them if you leave your stand down when you take off you deserve to be on your ass. Never understood that because its a natural motion for me when I take off, my Connie has that too, have not had a reason to disable it yet.
:wink2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts