Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I switched the spark plugs in the cylinders. The problem seemed to move. I used an old spark plug, and it seemed to even out. I've got a friend who is a mechanic that's supposed to come over after work tomorrow and take a look. I think they are pretty close to being synced. I hate that the exhaust is so loud you can hardly hear the motor. Ill report back with any findings.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good troubleshooting skills!

Consider using NGK DR8EA spark plugs. It is slightly 'hotter' and is a recommended alternative plug for this engine.
Ill get a set of those as well. Being slightly hotter, anything I need to be aware of or pay attention to? I remember reading something about using those in certain circumstances. but can't remember what it was, this morning.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got the chance to install the new o ring, and see how the bike would run. I still don't think it's quite right. Here's a quick video of how it was running after I got it warmed up. I'm thinking I may need to try to set sync again, since it was running rough when I tried to set it last time. This is with new dr8ea plugs.

https://youtu.be/KZDHfVq20ow

1 - 20 of 20 Posts