Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 06 vn900 Classic Lt at a insurance auction , the bike was stolen and hot wire then laid down only damage was need to replace front fender , Ignition switch and either replace or repair dented tank ,,, it is getting no fire to the plugs would laying it down (with the VDS switch cut power to the coils also or does it just cut fuel ?) Nice bike and by time i get everything repaired i'll be in it for like 1200.00 Any help

·
Registered
212 Posts
(...with the VDS switch cut power to the coils also or does it just cut fuel ?)
I believe it cuts spark only, but nevertheless, once the ignition is turned off and the bike righted, it resets itself. So, that's not likely the problem.

With the money saved buying the bike, you should prob. get the factory service manual and be ready to run its troubleshooting steps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes new OEM switch ,,, also what all model years will interchange parts (such as fenders and such) And thanks for your help

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes fuel pump cycles but no fire to plugs , i've also already replaced the Tip Over since bike was laid down ,, not sure what it being hot wired if it could of screwed some of the eletronics up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts