Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am adding an accessory or two. What I need is a switched power source.
Yes I know I could poke around and find one , but I figure someone else has found a good on so I am asking for a location. Bike is a 2005 Limited V2K.
Thanks

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Ebay has a handle bar mounted switch, black and chrome. I added LED lights and I put a toggle by the ignition.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If what your asking for is an already exsisting switched power source other there are none. You will have to add something from the battery that is the easiest way to do it.
Here is a push button that is flat backed with adhesive strip and pre wired so you can litterally stick it any where, i have one under the rails that run beside under the passanger seat you cnat even see it but it is east to reach back and push.
http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/switches-and-sensors/off-on-push-push-switch-with-l-e-d-indicators-pre-wired-with-adhesive-back.html
Just a little advise I would use the switch to toggle a relay so you are not running any major amps through the switch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Pull your headlight out and inside you will find two 4-pin female connectors that are unused. one is 12VDC (r/bk) wired through the ignition switch, other is ground (bk/y). I used crimp on T-connectors to add a power point for a GPS. If you need higher amperage, you can use it to operate a relay connected to the battery directly and you have the option of installing an off/on switch between the battery and the load. Will only be hot with ignition on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts