Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for reading...

Looking for a rear wheel for a 1986 Vulcan 750...OR

I have a 84 LTD 700 that I installed a complete front end from a 86 454 LTD....I know, get to the point!

Well, my front wheel doesnt match the rear anymore, I like the front wheel, which is the same as the 86 Vulcan.

The rear wheel is shaft drive, disc brake. Ive already attempted 454 swap, but the drive side is completely different...even diameter.

I can deal with a swap to drum brake, but I need a drive side that will match up....any ideas?

Id really like laced wheels, if I knew what would fit, but I will be more than happy with matching mags.

Thanks again

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow, thanks for all the replies....Im having trouble sifting through all the answers:rolleyes:

You mean to tell me NO ONE knows the answer to this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
sorry i can't help you but i know how you feel about no replies, i have a 95 vulcan 750 and was needing to get new tires, i seen in a mag. about duro brand tire, i have been asking for at least 2 weeks if any one knows if there any good are not still no replies? i am new to the bike world and was looking for some help. i guess i am either doing something wrong or no one has any interest in a old 750 like i have. but it is my 1st bike and it is in mint condition, and i had to start somewhere. nice talking to you hope you get your answer. thanks

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well, no need to think that. I love old 750s and would love to buy one one day, but I don't have one nor do I have anything to add to your thread so I guess you could get 25 posts that say "I don't know" but what good is that??

My best suggestion is to go to http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/,

They have a lot more traffic and a section for older bikes where you might get a faster/better answer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts