Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a PVC with AutoTune installed on my 2012 Voyager with Cobra slip-ons
they started with map #M17-006-002 but i'm still getting back firing , they have re-mapped it a number of times but i still have back-firing, it was installed with a local authorized dealer in MA so i assume they know what there doing , anyone have a better map i could give them ? thanks in advance .

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
AJ,

I think a better PCV map to start with would be the 17-006-006. That is for V&H slipons, but they should be closer than stock pipes.

You can also block off the fresh air hose to your PAIR system by plugging the hole in the upper left hand corner of your air box. (do a search on marbling the 1700.)

As for downloading another members maps; you shouldn't need to with the Auto-tune.

I don't have the Auto-tune but if I understand how it works then this should help.

Change to the -006 map and then ride the bike for a while. Accept the changes suggested by the Auto-tune and repeat.

Hope this helps.
Scott

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I had a PVC with AutoTune installed on my 2012 Voyager with Cobra slip-ons
they started with map #M17-006-002 but i'm still getting back firing , they have re-mapped it a number of times but i still have back-firing, it was installed with a local authorized dealer in MA so i assume they know what there doing , anyone have a better map i could give them ? thanks in advance .

[email protected]
Get in touch with davidsheek as he has a good map for Cobra slip ons. Here is a thread related to this: http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14889

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
BEFORE ANY FUEL INJECTION TUNING can be performed, either by auto-tune or on a dyno with a sniffer, as has been said, the fresh air hose for the PAIR system MUST be blocked off. Accurate fuel injection tuning is impossiblee to achieve with that system in operation.
Many Vulcan 1700's have intake system vacuum leaks between the throttle body and the intake manifold. Installing the gasket from Thunder Mfg. is a very good thing to do.

RACNRAY

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hey Scott dumb question , what did you use to plug that plug that hole .
I used an actual cork; like from a test tube.

Others have luck using a marble.
I think they push it into the hose put a tie wrap behind it then re-install the hose back onto the air-box.
I know there is a better write up on the forum under 'marbling'.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts