Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the key turned to the "On" position in the ignition without starting the bike all the dashboard lights pulsate on and off rapidly. There is also no ignition sound that is usually heard when turning the key or turning the engine switch to "On." Turning the Engine switch to on or off makes no difference in this pulsating dash lights issue. The battery is fully charged. I haven't yet tried to start it in this condition because I don't want to screw anything up.

I rode the bike this past summer with no problems. The battery is taking a charge so without another battery I don't know if that's the problem but the trickle charging doesn't show a problem. Also, this past fall we had a big stinkbug problem and now that it has gotten colder they put themselves in every nook and cranny of the bike. Is it dumb to think one of those little pests might be causing a short somewhere?

Any thoughts or suggestions on what to start checking or trouble shooting is appreciated.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Clean and tigthen your battery terminals. The battery is charged but without solid connection just trying to operate the pump will flicker the lights.

And if that WAS the problem, make sure and put protectant on the connections before you button it back up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts