Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I know theres been a few of these questions, and people have been saying the 1600, but my question differs a bit. I am a small guy, 5'8 and 150 pounds but fit. I was leaning towards the 900 because of that, but I really do not want to replace it in a year or two. I will be using this bike a lot, mainly commuting but also highway riding. Oh and I am a new rider, taking my BC1 course next week then buying the bike shortly after. So what do you guys think ? will the 900 be enough for years to come for someone my size, or should I go for the 1600 ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks guys! my only concern is being "bored" like I see so many people say. I am not a speed guy though so as long as it rides well on the highway and has a bit of pick up (for my size) I don't see that happening.

thanks again!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
ok thanks guys! my only concern is being "bored" like I see so many people say. I am not a speed guy though so as long as it rides well on the highway and has a bit of pick up (for my size) I don't see that happening.

thanks again!
Rode a 9 for 7 years,was NEVER bored,is a great all around bike:smile2:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm rather, uh, larger than you. In 15 years I've owned bigger bikes and smaller, slower and faster than my 9. Within a week of buying it I realized it was the bike I should have been on all this time. Go for the 9, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I’m 6’3” 255lbs I ride a Vulcan S on the highway daily commute

Saddle up and feel the wind in your Helmet! ATGATT

·
Registered
248 Posts
I went from a 1400 Indian to my 900. The Indian was insane fast, but the 900 is quick enough, nimble, gets much better range & mileage and is just plain more fun to ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice guys! I will be going with the 900 after reading all these and other reviews online. Super excited but still a few weeks away :mad:! I did look at the Vulcan S too, but there doesn't seem to ever be used ones around my area for some reason, I am new to bikes so I am not sure why, maybe its a newer bike or maybe it just rocks and no one wants to sell them lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'm 5'8" as well,and I can't completely get my feet on the ground on my 1600,and it's a heavy bike.I don't think it'd be a good beginner bike due to the weight

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm 5'8" as well,and I can't completely get my feet on the ground on my 1600,and it's a heavy bike.I don't think it'd be a good beginner bike due to the weight

This was more my concern, especially for new riders. Weight is just as much a consideration as CCs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm 5'6" and 160 lbs, I have a 1600 but have ridden many different size bikes over the past 40 or so years I've been riding. Being's your new I would go with the 900, I think it will be a great bike for you and will probably last you a few years before you decide if you really want/need to go up in size...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm almost six feet tall and 165ish. Riding an 800 right now and lusting after the 900. Hoping to upgrade next year. I do a lot of 2 up riding with a 5 1/2 foot 120ish girl and never have a problem with power or comfort. From the ride I took on a 9 it seems to be an excellent all around bike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts