Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm a few months away from needing cold weather gear here in Texas, but I wanted to get a head start on finding the best gear. Just looking for gloves and jacket...I have a full face Shoei X11 helmet, so my head stays warm, just need some suggestions. Thanks, ride safe!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are planning to do much cold-weather riding heated gear is the way to go. Gerbring, Tourmaster and Firstgear are examples. I have a firstgear jacket liner and gloves, they have made rides into the high 20's possible for me.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I've been thinking snowmobile gear. It doesn't get really cold in Florida but I've been here long enough to want a jacket if I'm riding and it gets down to 70 degrees! It does get down to the upper 20s at night for a few weeks. I've done the leather winter gauntlets and they just weren't enough. I had a pair of ski gloves in my closet and tried those last winter. They were much warmer. So I'm buying snowmobile gloves and probably a suit too!

I've really gotten wimpy in my old age. I remember riding with just a thin pair of gloves and a leather jacket and jeans when I was in my early 20s. I'd get where I was going and it would take me an hour to thaw out. Maybe I'm just getting smarter! Ya, that's it! I'm going with the smarter thing!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Electric heated gear, layers and protection from the wind (windshield, lowers, etc) are your best friends for cold weather (from a biker up in the great white north)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts