Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to try to talk my wife into signing off on purchasing a Cobra Fi2000. My 900 is otherwise stock. In the future I'd like to go Barons Big Air or some other intake. I'll most likely keep the stock pipes. Do you like your Cobra? Have you had any issues? Please don't suggest Ivan's as an answer as that is a price range I can't get into even it is worth the $$$.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have the fi2000 on my mean streak with a baron big air kit and cobra speedster slashdown exhaust, and I suppose the fi2000 does the job. The adjustments are not exactly precise, and it takes a lot of trial and error to try and get a close approximation of the right settings. Plus it can only ever add fuel, never take away.

If I had the cash to spare, I would definitely prefer to get something a bit smarter and more capable, something you can flash maps to and actually fine tune. But alas, I do not, so I'll stick with what I got and have to live with the assumption that it's better there than not there.

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,854 Posts
You don't need a fuel tuner unless you change both pipes and air intake. If you only change one you still don't need it. And you certainly don't need one until you change both.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts