Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry gentlemen I am in search of a Kawasaki meanstreak 1500 crankshaft! I know that there has to be someone on here that has one! I will buy it and god willing will take it if you just don’t need it anymore! I blew the crankshaft bearing which threw my rear rod and chewed my cylinder to sh*t! Heartbroken I don’t have 1100$ for a new one and the one I did find he sold after making a deal with me for 200$! I bleed kawi green and riding season is just a few weeks out ! PLEASE help! I know if anyone can find one it’s here on this forum so please put the word out or if you have one contact me!
I’m heartbroken desperate need for my meanie to live again!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
maybe search for a junked salvage whole bike with a 1500 motor and swap motors

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve looked for a wrecked bike but they are just as much as buying a new crankshaft! 1100$ or just around there! Shoot I even tested putting a 1600 meanie motor on my 1500 frame! Same size motor for intensive purposes anyway! But I’d rather just find a crankshaft and put it back together

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
a friend of mine died in a horrible motorcycle accident yrs ago and his bike was completely written off as scrap by the insurance company and the bike ended up as salvage but a guy bought the whole bike that was all tore up cause he was after the motor on it that was undamaged

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear that! What a terrible story! I hope I don’t have to buy a whole motor! I’m sure with as many people as this forum has somebody knows someone else or something about where to find one! Just keep posting and asking questions about it and maybe someone else will come out that has one! Thanks again for the info! Greatly appreciated!and bless your friend sorry for the loss

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cam,

Try Mark Manuel of Manuel Motorcyles & Salvage. They're in Akron, OH. Mark has been great to me as I rebuild a 99 Vulcan Nomad 1500. He's hooked me up with a few hard to find parts so I know he strips down bikes to part out.

Nice guy and knows pretty much everything about Vulcans - at least every question I had!

They have a Facebook page -Manuel Motorcycle Salvage. Good Luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Everybody well shop I have talked to said that it has to be a 1500 mean streak crank as they are different then the 1500! Is that true? A nomad or meanstreak 2000 to 2004 has to be a nomad or mean streak! If you know different please tell me so I can grab one and put it in! I don’t know by looking at them they look the same but somebody said the rotor is different but if not please tell me!

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Go to one of the many online OEM parts vendors and check the part number of your crank.
Then check the one in question...same part number, then it will work.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea nope they don’t match! Seems that the flywheel and or rotor are different and I was wrong it’s not the nomad it’s the drifter that has the same one as the 1500 meanie! This is like treasure hunting without a map! A needle in the hay stack!rhere isn’t a crankshaft for a 1500 mean streak from here to Canada! I’ve searched everything and some and haven’t been able to find one ! Buy new you say? Sorry it’s 1100$ I’m a firefighter not a doctor!lolso depressed 👎

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry mate I probably didn't help as I bought a crankshaft for my Meanstreak off ebay a couple of months ago and had it shipped to the UK. What I do have is my old one that an engineer told me was too far gone as the bearing shell had spun and worn the shaft down to a level that he said he wasn't happy regrinding. However if you have nothing else perhaps it "could be" rescued possibly with thicker bearing shells? Have attached a photo of it for you.

You are welcome to have the old one if you pay postage (it cost me $28 shipping and another $80 import charges to bring it over from the US so I guess costs to you getting it back would be about the same).

Happy to send more detailed photo's if you pm me.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts