Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a smooth rear fender for my 900 Custom & I am confused by all the tail lights out there, so I need help/suggestions on which one I need to get.
I would like 2 bullet style LED lights to mount on either side of the fender struts but I need them to be brake/run/turn.
Does anybody know which ones to get? I will NOT be reusing the stock tail light.
Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm actually in the process of relocating the tail/turn signal lights. I modded a factory rear fender to have no tail light at all. I'm hoping to go for more of a chop/bobber look without hacking it up to much.

anyway, I bought a side mount license plate/tail light bracket. I looked for a while to find the right one because i wanted it very simple and black. I found this ebay store that had exactly what I was looking for...

http://stores.ebay.com/Accufast-2-d-Creating-Custom-Parts/License-Plate-Brackets-/_i.html?_fsub=15842095&_sid=11138673&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

this is the one that I ended up getting...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CURVED-side-mount-license-plate-holder-light-mount-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25648ef57cQQitemZ160600880508QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It doesn't bolt right up, but am going to make a very simple bracket to weld onto the frame right next to the rear axle.

the coolest part about this bracket is I contacted the ebay store owner to ask if they had the light/bracket all in one (they didn't in their ebay store) and they basically sold the entire thing to me for $40 including shipping. I was leery of going outside of ebay, but it worked out, they shipped it super fast, etc... and best of all, it cost about 1/3rd the cost of all the flashy ones I didn't even want from meancycles and cruisercustomizing.

·
Registered
742 Posts
you probably need the kit from kury...
here

... the kit looks like it uses the standard lights, i am sure someone has it installed with LEDs on here.
the mini bullets look sweet on a custom but you didn't specify your bike type.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you probably need the kit from kury...
here

... the kit looks like it uses the standard lights, i am sure someone has it installed with LEDs on here.
the mini bullets look sweet on a custom but you didn't specify your bike type.
I recently got a smooth rear fender for my 900 Custom & I am confused by all the tail lights out there, so I need help/suggestions on which one I need to get.
I would like 2 bullet style LED lights to mount on either side of the fender struts but I need them to be brake/run/turn.
Does anybody know which ones to get? I will NOT be reusing the stock tail light.
Thanks
Look again :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm actually in the process of relocating the tail/turn signal lights. I modded a factory rear fender to have no tail light at all. I'm hoping to go for more of a chop/bobber look without hacking it up to much.

anyway, I bought a side mount license plate/tail light bracket. I looked for a while to find the right one because i wanted it very simple and black. I found this ebay store that had exactly what I was looking for...

http://stores.ebay.com/Accufast-2-d-Creating-Custom-Parts/License-Plate-Brackets-/_i.html?_fsub=15842095&_sid=11138673&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

this is the one that I ended up getting...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CURVED-side-mount-license-plate-holder-light-mount-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem25648ef57cQQitemZ160600880508QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

It doesn't bolt right up, but am going to make a very simple bracket to weld onto the frame right next to the rear axle.

the coolest part about this bracket is I contacted the ebay store owner to ask if they had the light/bracket all in one (they didn't in their ebay store) and they basically sold the entire thing to me for $40 including shipping. I was leery of going outside of ebay, but it worked out, they shipped it super fast, etc... and best of all, it cost about 1/3rd the cost of all the flashy ones I didn't even want from meancycles and cruisercustomizing.
Well I don't own a welder or know how to weld so that plate mount wouldn't work for me if it isn't direct bolt on. It's cool looking but it's more for that bobber look

·
Registered
742 Posts
oh yea... ooops, i usually look for the signature...

and the kury small bullets have a bolt kit that you can get to mount on the strut... it's a hollow bolt. they come with one, but it's not the right size... you have to order the special one for the strut.

kury has nice side mount plates also... i have one and like it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yea... ooops, i usually look for the signature...

and the kury small bullets have a bolt kit that you can get to mount on the strut... it's a hollow bolt. they come with one, but it's not the right size... you have to order the special one for the strut.

kury has nice side mount plates also... i have one and like it!
Do you have a link? Also do you have any pics of the rear of your bike, I see you have some bullet lights as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts