Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got caught in the rain for about 30 mins. Got home and parked the bike. When I went to start it later that night the lights and gauges came on and the starter cycled through but when I went to start it all the lights flickered and the power went out. Tried it a couple more times and the same thing. It even reset my clock. Could this be due to the water or is it just a bad battery? I have a 07 900 custom

·
Registered
987 Posts
Juice

Check your battery ground connections. Vibrations can rattle the screws loose..:eek:

·
Registered
536 Posts
There are people here who have had stator failures after riding in the hard rain. The voltage regulator plug is in a bad spot where water and grit can wash off the front tire and drown it possibly causing it to bridge current and fry itself....lots of different opinions on this but it has happened to others so probably worth doing a stator test with a multimeter once you get the battery replaced or charged. I see you are riding a 2007 Vulcan which is known for the weak stator problem....I just had mine fail on my 07 at 21,500 miles. The 06's and 07's seem to have this problem more than others. My suggestion is to Charge or replace the battery (if its the original its 7 years old and probably worth replacing anyway) then unplug the voltage regulator and clean out the plug and connection, plug it back in and follow the stator tests in the sticky at the top of the Vulcan page. If the stator is bad thats why your battery went dead and if the stator is good you need to know its good anyway since you are investing in a new battery and you need to be sure your charging system is working properly. There are tests to be sure your voltage regulator is good too. Here is the link to stator info. http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24679

1 - 3 of 3 Posts