Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am currently residing in Rhode Island. I got a new job in New Albany, OH and will be moving there by the end of this month (March). I need to ship my motorcycle (2009 Vulcan 900 classic LT). Could you please suggest me a mover? I have never shipped my motorcycle so have no idea about the movers. How it works and what I should need to know about motorcycle move. Please help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hello all,

I am currently residing in Rhode Island. I got a new job in New Albany, OH and will be moving there by the end of this month (March). I need to ship my motorcycle (2009 Vulcan 900 classic LT). Could you please suggest me a mover? I have never shipped my motorcycle so have no idea about the movers. How it works and what I should need to know about motorcycle move. Please help.
Probabaly cheaper to buy a Harbor freight Trailer and hitch. You can sell the trailer when you get to Ohio.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Gary (GGB6259), thanks for the idea. I have a "poor" Honda Civic which I am planning to drive to OH. But I am not sure how it will work for towing my motorcycle.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I've towed my bike on my harbor freight trailer with a Kia Soul 2000cc. But I think the hitch cost more than the trailer. I don't own a truck so it's nice knowing I can pick up the bike if I need to.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your suggestions. I would love to tow it by myself if that works with my honda civic.

SteveJB, could you please point me to the harbor freight trailer that you have. Also, if you could point me to the appropriate hitch then that would be great.

jorge, I also wanted to ride my motorcycle but the whether is not permitting me. I have to start the new position on 30th March and the temperature is still not in 40s.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi Gajju

I have used Keyboard three times MA-FL and was very satisfied.

WEG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Moved my 4 rides from FLL to DFW with uShip. All good.
Make sure you check what level of insurance the movers have - when I freighted my 09 Custom, the movers only covered $1500 against transit damage.

My own insurance covered the rest, but it pays to check where you stand.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
murquiza, thanks for the info. I was looking at them and all the bidding process. Not sure how reliable are they.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts