Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been online for about 5 hours now searching trying to find a seat for my 900 Custom. What I am looking for is a 2 piece seat that allows me to have a solo seat and then add the rear seat when needed. There are tons for other bikes but I can't find anything for the 900. Does anyone have an idea of who makes one? Or if anyone makes one? I contacted Mustang directly and they won't even custom make one. Is this a pipe dream or is it a possibility without doing extensive fabrication?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've never seen one for this bike. There is only one latch point. Best bet would be the Willie and Max solo seat and then switch between it and the stock seat as needed/wanted.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I never found one like you are looking for so I ended up with a Saddelman Solo. As the previous poster said just swith the seats, to make it real easy you should order an extra seatr latch plate as the new seat won't come with it. You get the plate from Kawi they are not expensive.

I am very happy with my solo seat, has enough of a built in backrest for me. Good luck with your hunt. There are many threads about seats. While they do not have a solo, Ultimate seats has a really nice 2 up.

cheers

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's been really hard trying to find anything close. I would have thought Mustang would offer something like that since they offer it for other bikes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants something like that. After a little more research I have come to the conclusion that the W&M Black Label Solo and rear pillion is going to be my only 2 piece option. It doesn't look bad and reviews on comfort are fairly high. Of course it's not a Mustang which seems to be the most popular but at this point sometimes i gotta make little adjustments to the wish list lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought I saw a Willie and Max solo with rear pillion for sale in the parts section on the forum...might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yep, pretty sure willie and max make one. There is another post on the first page right now called ultimate seat review that mentions it.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I saw a Willie and Max solo with rear pillion for sale in the parts section on the forum...might be worth checking out.
Yeah I found one in there too, not sure if it's the same one you're talking about but I contacted him and it's all worked out. Just waiting on my bonus check to arrive in the mail to arrange payment.

Thanks for all the input!

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And just as I wrote that last post, I get a text from the guy and he sold it out from under me without even giving me a chance to counter the other guy's offer. Kinda shady if you ask me, especially since I had contacted him first. Oh well, my search continues.

Oh and I have been checking online for the W&M solo and everywhere is out of stock for the 900. Go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts