Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the light that it gives off?

·
Registered
79 Posts
i was in the middle of no where at 11pm when my head light died, turns out my low beam was toast as well.... gets very dark out there

and thats why i now carry a spare bulb, and ill soon have some LED aux lights

but personally id stick with the stock style bulb, they are easy to find when in need, not a LED should die, but..... anyway if you wanna fool with the headlight add a headlight modulator, the flashy thingy for the day time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signal-Dyna...678?hash=item43bf2d1176&vxp=mtr#ht_2043wt_916

made a huge difference in number of people willing to pull out infront of me. i hate them when im caging and a bike is behind me, but damn does it get ppls attention

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was in the middle of no where at 11pm when my head light died, turns out my low beam was toast as well.... gets very dark out there

and thats why i now carry a spare bulb, and ill soon have some LED aux lights

but personally id stick with the stock style bulb, they are easy to find when in need, not a LED should die, but..... anyway if you wanna dick with the headlight add a headlight modulator, the flashy thingy for the day time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Signal-Dyna...678?hash=item43bf2d1176&vxp=mtr#ht_2043wt_916

made a huge difference in number of people willing to pull out infront of me. i hate them when im caging and a bike is behind me, but damn does it get ppls attention

HMM good point about carrying a spare. Plenty of room under the seat for one.

Mine went out at night also and I was lucky to have the low beam to get me home.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I may try the led out.. I like that its 2/3 cooler than stock.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
A neat idea, but their comparison photo is suspect. The light over the vehicle on the left side of the road should have still been illuminated in the top photo, and actually shown up more in the photo because the camera gathering available light. I'm thinking the camera setting were messed with.

Personally, I would add LED fogs or running lights down low on the engine guards. Check out mono lights mm10 for a quality light at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can these be used with the headlight modulator that jborushko posted?
I believe NO it will not work with LED as it modulates the volts to the lamp, where as LED has a input requirement and control units that regulate power

·
Registered
99 Posts
My high beam went out. Any suggestions on what to replace it with? Stock or upgrade?
I think about the HD day maker headlight a lot ! but very costly seems like I've seen some here or Vulcan bagger that has it, its really cool looking even when its not on
SKULLSHAKER

·
Registered
101 Posts
+1 on the running lights. If you ride in a group the sylstars and other lights are brutal if the bike quartering you has them. If you're riding lead it can make it tuff to see lane changes with one glarebombing your mirror.The low mounted running lights are a bit more courteous to fellow group riders.
My 2cents,
Jimmy D

·
Registered
79 Posts
+1 on the running lights. If you ride in a group the sylstars and other lights are brutal if the bike quartering you has them. If you're riding lead it can make it tuff to see lane changes with one glarebombing your mirror.The low mounted running lights are a bit more courteous to fellow group riders.
My 2cents,
Jimmy D

dont do running lights like i did.... they are murderiosly BRIGHT!!!! CREE 3x2 16w mounted to my crash bars.... lol, they are insane

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts