Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like a longer kickstand for my '05 v2k. It's a good workout getting the bike up. I've heard the later years had a longer kickstand? Has anyone put one on an '04 or '05? Are they compatible? And is it much work?

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Kickstand is the same.

The downtube (the frame rail itself) was changed in later years. The angle of the kickstand was modified, making it have less of an angle and more "downwards".

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what have other people done other than sliding a 2x6 under the kickstand when done riding? Or is that my best option ultimately?

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
So what have other people done other than sliding a 2x6 under the kickstand when done riding? Or is that my best option ultimately?
rp, if you lower your bike like many fellas here do, its the same as extending the kikstand.. the bike will sit more upright.

or drill a hole in that 2x6 and run a cable/chain thru it and let drag behind yor sled. that way its always handy where ever you park, home and away. hey you asked.. poncho

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

This is what I did. Frankenstein's boot. I've made a second one now, and it looks a little better, but I don't have a pic. It's 2 thicknesses of 3/4" plywood, some masterful chop saw work, and rattle can black.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd really like a longer kickstand for my '05 v2k. It's a good workout getting the bike up. I've heard the later years had a longer kickstand? Has anyone put one on an '04 or '05? Are they compatible? And is it much work?
Someone makes a longer one. I bought one used off E bay and the seller said it was thunder mfg. Never could find it on line but the fit is great and the angle is much better to lift of the stand. Keep Looking.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Someone makes a longer one. I bought one used off E bay and the seller said it was thunder mfg. Never could find it on line but the fit is great and the angle is much better to lift of the stand. Keep Looking.
Not made anymore.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was really hoping someone just had a longer kickstand. I guess I'll just stick with what I'm doing for now. I'm not a big fan of a block screwed onto it but who knows, I may still do that too. Thanks!

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I was really hoping someone just had a longer kickstand. I guess I'll just stick with what I'm doing for now. I'm not a big fan of a block screwed onto it but who knows, I may still do that too. Thanks!
rp,, IF you could get a longer kickstand and then later decide to lower your bike, you will have to put the short stock stand back on or the bike won't lean over at all but stand straight up..not good. poncho

1 - 12 of 12 Posts