Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was detailing the bike this weekend and noticed I was missing one of the front fender bolts. Called the local dealership and he said they didn't have any in stock and didn't want to order a bulk shipment for one bolt. He suggested online. I could get a metric bolt at the local parts store, but I don't want mis-matched bolts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2008 Classic LT

·
Registered
140 Posts
might sound crazy but depending on where you live check and see if you have any specialty nut and bolt places near you.... We actually have a place called
Daytona Nut and Bolt and they carry bulk, random you guessed it... nuts and bolts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Out here our local Sears Hardware carries a large selection of chrome metric hardware. If they are really visible, mable change the few that you can see with all aftermarket ones?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Bikebandit.com
They have every part you need. I ordered the OEM bolts for a couple of my bikes from them. Fast service too. Look up oem model, year and they have the fische with the parts diagrams and numbers.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I was detailing the bike this weekend and noticed I was missing one of the front fender bolts. Called the local dealership and he said they didn't have any in stock and didn't want to order a bulk shipment for one bolt. He suggested online. I could get a metric bolt at the local parts store, but I don't want mis-matched bolts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2008 Classic LT
Seriously, try Lowes or Home Depot.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
take a sample of one of the other fender bolts that did not fall off. go down to yor local homedepot and match it in the fastener aisle. buy several so that you can use two matching (you dont need krome-sux) be sure to get a small bottle of BLUE locktite and use it on ALL your bolts. you will never lose one again,, unless you forget to titen em.
btw, fifty cents.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Don't know exactly what you are looking for.... For chrome bolts, I have had fairly good luck at the local Harley dealership - they are the only ones in my area that I have found carry a selection of chrome fasteners. I haven't had the heart to tell them that I'm using them on a Kawasaki yet...... :)

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
If the dealer won't order one for you, and you will also need the washer too. Find a new dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts