Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I just got my Vulcan S last fall in time to put it in my garage for 6 months. Can't wait for relaxation to allow some motorcycle day trips, time to finally get some actual riding on my new bike! Hoping to hear back that someone has something brewing for this area. I bought the PakTalk Bold com system for my helmet, are people using this on day trips?
- Randy

·
Registered
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Classic LT
52 Posts
Hello from SE Wisconsin, neighbor. Not sure how close you are to the cheddar curtain, but Wisconsin has a Rustic Roads program. What I do for day trips is I look on the map for these rustic roads and ride there. Wisconsin Department of Transportation Rustic Road maps and descriptions

It's a good excuse to get out on your bike. Near Lake Geneva, there are four rustic roads right off of HWY 50 that you can check out. Here are a couple of shots from a couple of those roads.

Another thing I do is I look at Motorcycle Roads and head to one of those roads. I also have submitted a couple of roads myself. It's nice to find a road, head down that road and just enjoy the ride and scenery. In fact, next week, I am going on another solo motorcycle camping trip in the driftless region of Wisconsin for the sole purpose of riding a few of these roads.

Also, to answer your other question. I don't use any kind of intercom. I am a solo rider. I tried the group rides, and even riding with just one or two others, and it's not my thing. I'm kind of a loaner by nature, so I just get on the bike, go where I want, and not have to depend on anyone, nor have to have anyone depend on me.

Anyhow, just wanted to give you some sort of suggestion.

Dan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts