Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the title says it all, you can find pics of it on the net everywhere. good quality shield make me an offer

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Red,

What kind of bike did you have it on? Would it fit a 900 classic? Is it easily removable?

Easy to install?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it off my 900 classic so it will definitely fit. It is not a quick release. you have to remove 4 allen nuts so it takes about 5-6 min and is easy to do (at least I thought it was easy). As for install, you will need to buy the mounting hard ware separately, but i dont think that is difficult to install either and it has a really nice chrome finish to it. You can see all the specs for the shield at national cyles website.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Shield

Hi Red,

I just recently bought my 900 classic and you seem to be a veteran....question, how should the shield be installed...what I mean is does the rider look over the shield or through?

I am 5'7 and would prefer to Is that possible with this shield? look over.

How much are you looking to get fior the shield?

Mike

·
Banned
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Red,

I just recently bought my 900 classic and you seem to be a veteran....question, how should the shield be installed...what I mean is does the rider look over the shield or through?

I am 5'7 and would prefer to Is that possible with this shield? look over.

How much are you looking to get fior the shield?

Mike
I am far from a veteran, but different windshields serve different purposes.

As for fit, a full touring shield should be level with your nose when in your natural riding posture.

Other shields are not meant to protect your head, but just keep the wind off your chest. On long rides your arms and neck begin to get fatigued from the wind blowing you back. I am happy with no windshield on rides less shorter than 30 min, a 1/2 shield (chest protection) for rides up to 2 hours and a full shield for rides over 2 hours. Of course this is just my preference and speed plays a big role too.

I'm 6'2 so i need a full shield for protection, but at 5'7 the chopped might give you all the protection you need. That is something you will need to decide.

I think this shield goes for 180-200 new and I was trying to get 100-125.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts