Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that might have ever wondered, I just installed a National Cycle Low Boy Heavy Duty windshield on my 750. You have to use their mounting kit, P/N: KIT-CJN.

You do not need to relocate the front turn signals. The installation took me between 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs, the most time being spend adjusting the position of the mounting kit so it fit where the windshield needed to be. Not difficult, just time consuming.

If any 750 drivers out there want to see pics of the final product, drop me an e-mail. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since the bottom edge of the Low Boy is considerably higher than the bottom edge of my old PlexiFairing 3, I had to make new lowers. If you'd like to see them drop me some lines at the above e-mail address.

It turns out that the lowers that National Cycles has that do attach to the KIT-CJN mounting kit won't work anyway on the 750 because they will touch the air filters on a full turn. That's why I fabricated new lowers myself. Its not difficult.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Here ya go... Here's a test to see if I'm smarter than the resizing program.

If so, this shows the new lowers for the new windshield and, not that you'd know it, the hard mounted fork bag.

I haven't yet trimmed off the worm gears holding the lowers on. You can see them through the clear plastic. (Assuming that I've got this mastered.)

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts