Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A quick note about the National Cycle Hand Deflectors for Vulcan Custom. The part number N5507. I did a test fit and with the Custom handlebars the bottom plastic edge bumps on the gas tank when fully turned to left or right. Don't know if I will return them or try to do a modification. I also double checked on the National Cycle webpage and they indicate the same model number. Really disappointed. :(

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Eek! That's no good!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Those probably fit on a classic.

vulcanfitness posted info and pics for these a while back, but he has a classic. Good info.

I looked on some pics of the Classic handlebars and they sit up higher than the Custom. Thinking about trying a few washers to bring the bottom edge up higher. National Cycle must have thought all the handle bars for the 900 are the same. :rolleyes:

Sent a e-mail to National Cycle on the issue. Frustrating because the packaging for the deflectors was just plastic over the parts stuck to a cardboard backing. Making a return nearly impossible to Motorcycle Superstore. May offer these for sale.

Update.

Called Motorcycle Superstore and they said they would take them back. Even if I have to tape the package back together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts