Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok so I bought my bike about 4 months ago. 2005 V2k Limited
And since then i have looked all over the internet trying to figure out what kind of exhaust this is on it. The dealer i bought it from has no idea they bought it like that. and there are no discernible markings on it. Problem is the bike back fires and pops at times when idling and when i am in the top end of a gear and i just let off the throttle to slow down. I dont mind it to much just in the future i was thinking of geting a power commander and fuel management system. and i am would need to know what it is to remap i assume.

Any ideas.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey! The number one rule here is pictures, pictures, pictures. Jack.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes britt apears to be a very good option and the bike was boughtin Greenville NC very close to Fayettville and Jacksonville where Britt is located at.
Next problem is that means the exhaust is more in the custom catagory than anything else. What has anyone done in the past when it comes to programs for that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
A Power Commander III will definitely allow you to adjust the fuel up or down. I bought mine from FuelMoto USA and they asked for the the type of pipes, air filter and any other mods. Based on my info, they put together a fairly close map. I still have a little popping but plan on getting it dyno'd for a more accurate map. It looks like there is a map on the Power Commander web site for Vance & Hynes Power Shots with a stock air box that would likely be close or at least a starting point.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=211-411&make=27&model=291&make-n=Kawasaki&model-n=Vulcan 2000&year=2005&mk=27&mdl=291&yr=2005

·
Registered
24 Posts
Britt drag pipes

I have the chrome version of those, with stock air and they are working fine without a power commander. No popping at all.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the chrome version of those, with stock air and they are working fine without a power commander. No popping at all.
Well i adjusted my idle speed got it to stop for the most part there. But you know really i was just looking for a reason to tell the wife i need to get this $250 part for my bike, lol.

·
Registered
953 Posts
if you get a power commander you can go their website and download the closest map available for your bike, then put it on your power commander. Getting a custom map via a dyno is the best but a map thats close is the next best thing. You can eliminate most of your popping by blocking off , or removing the air hose on your intake that dumps all unused fuel to exhaust, EPA crap. there should be several threads on here about it, if not just let me know and i can show you , also if you get a power commander you can hook it up to your computer while the bike is running and set the idle to the correct specs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts