Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
141 - 160 of 307 Posts
Discussion starter · #141 ·
Wheres the section of "improperly boxed" and "defective return/core accidentally returned to inventory" section that every parts warehouse seems to have? 😂 and more importantly was my most recent guess correct?
Yes, you were correct on the cam phaser. I post you a new challenge tomorrow.

I'll take a picture of the return area on thursday, I'm off tomorrow. I hate returns.

It was a joke actually haha from time to time I get a part delivery, open it up and it is obviously a defective return or a core that was returned and accidentally put back into normal inventory, or blatantly wrong part in box, so I figured the warehouse had a special section to set those aside and mess with the mechanics when they are having a bad day 😂

Discussion starter · #143 ·
It was a joke actually haha from time to time I get a part delivery, open it up and it is obviously a defective return or a core that was returned and accidentally put back into normal inventory, or blatantly wrong part in box, so I figured the warehouse had a special section to set those aside and mess with the mechanics when they are having a bad day 😂
You know it's the "mechanic" that order the wrong part since they didn't look to verify the year, make or model, put their dirty hands all over the box and part, then called screaming we sent them the wrong part. Just saying 😉 . If you only knew how often this happens. I'm glad I'm off the retail side and in the distribution side only delivering to other stores. I had my assistant send me a picture today of returns, this is from one route, 11 stores, and I have 10 routes. Think on the time invested pulling the parts, billing it out, delivering the part, picking the part back up, issue credit and put back on shelf.

Here's the tech's next part, what gasket is this?

I always admit when I order the wrong part by accident, thankfully I can do it all online through my local suppliers so it eliminates counter person error although they get dyslexic with part numbers 😂 and that is a variable timing solenoid filter/gasket looks a lot like a honda that I did recently

Discussion starter · #149 ·
Bushing is correct. This is a control arm bushing. Most motorcycle swing arm bushings look similar.

Next, injected bikes don't have this exact style but simular.

That finally passed now it's just my head, especially after my Fauci Ouchie today 😂 so what kind of differential would the shims be for...the only rear my hands tend to touch is my own, and it has developed quite a rattle over the years!

I had to call my one part distributor today asking some details on a bulk special they had going on this week, made me think about this thread and adding another hint, so I priced out a motor mount while I was still talking to him. I do enjoy calling for parts as they have a good sense of humor and enjoy my obviously deranged sense of humor, had him laughing for a while 😂

141 - 160 of 307 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.