Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
281 - 300 of 307 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #283 ·
Interesting way to get the correct answer. Ball joint is right.

Ball joints consist of a ball and socket similar to the hip joint of the human body. Ball joints of your front suspension provide pivoting movement between the steering knuckles and control arms to provide a safe, smooth ride and allow you to precisely control your vehicle.

Next, this unit is actually two parts, what are they?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh I'm dealing with this now on the wife's car. Hub/bearing and speed sensor. On her car, the electronics in the hub for the speed sensor are fried. Made the ABS and ESC lights go ding. Trying to decide if I want to tackle replacing the hub myself or just have it done.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,133 Posts
If it's a full assembly like the one pictured they typically aren't too difficult provided the vehicle isn't too rusty in that area, I replace them all the time and the only thing that ever causes issues is rust/corrosion making things hard to separate

·
Houston, Texas
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
Yea, I've been busy, sorry. I've been on site but more in a staff roll. If you are going to change the hub assembly yourself I would recommend Moog. We have very few returns on them.

Next:

·
Houston, Texas
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
Correct. When I was taking pictures, most of the time I walked down the aisle and took the pictures. Most items are separated by car systems, but not all.

The expansion valve removes pressure from the liquid refrigerant to allow expansion or change of state from a liquid to a vapor in the evaporator. ... Under a greatly reduced pressure the liquid refrigerant is at its coldest as it leaves the expansion valve and enters the evaporator.

Next:

·
Registered
655 Posts
If you are going to change the hub assembly yourself I would recommend Moog. We have very few returns on them.
Was thinking of just going Kia OEM on the part. Mechanic at the dealer swears the sensor system doesn't like aftermarket hubs. Not sure how much I believe him.

281 - 300 of 307 Posts