Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

221 - 240 of 289 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
Ding, ding, ding. Correct again. Y'all are getting these too quick. :)

The blower motor resistor is an electrical component that is a part of the vehicle's heating and air conditioning system. It is responsible for controlling the blower motor's fan speed.

Next:

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,025 Posts
These guys are knocking these out of the park, I finally get to go for a ride tonight and miss out on all the fun here

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
These guys are knocking these out of the park, I finally get to go for a ride tonight and miss out on all the fun here
Off subject a little. You were talking about installing engines on the mileage thread. Are you using reman crate engines, getting exsisting block machined or installing low mileage used engines? Just curious. We stock over 50+ reman crate engines and 20+ transmissions. Trend down here is most shops are installing reman crate engines. It's quick turn around time for the shop and we offer 36 month warranty, labor included. Used to be everyone rebuilt existing engine.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
So it goes case by case, I do not personally rebuild either but offer customers reman or used components, explain pricing and warranty and offer my opinion to let them decide. Engine 1 that I just installed had exhaust valves burnt on cylinder 2, I priced out removing and basically rebuild and resurface the head, a reman engine, and used at varying mileages, they opted for used engine. Engine number 2 is a ram 1500 that I installed a Jasper reman 2 years ago and 50k miles later he threw a rod through the block so they sent me another engine and will determine if it was workmanship or owner error that caused failure. A lot of shops have said that jasper has really been going down in quality and maybe there is some truth to it. The transmission is for a higher mileage Corolla, I priced out used and also having a local rebuilder do the work and even though the shop doing rebuild was not a lot more he also opted for used. So long story short it is all case by case and it's their decision not mine :LOL:

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
This is one I resently rebuilt. It was a $15k professional build from a national builder. Never ran right. When I popped the heads off I then understood why. It's an Olds 455, do you see an issue?

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Fuel injection pump.
Correct, and expensive.

An Injection Pump is the device that pumps diesel into the cylinders of a diesel engine. Traditionally, the injection pump was driven indirectly from the crankshaft by gears, chains or a toothed belt that also drives the camshaft. It rotates at half crankshaft speed in a conventional four-stroke diesel engine.

Next up:

·
Registered
2017 Vulcan 900 Classic
153 Posts
Not to that level, but I had an AMC Hornet with a 360 when I was in high school. My engine build looked similar to that one. My dad was in the Army but was a wrench monkey. Wish I still had that car. <sigh>

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Again I miss a lot in one day, how does someone miss those pistons being like that? Must have been built on a Friday afternoon!

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Again I miss a lot in one day, how does someone miss those pistons being like that? Must have been built on a Friday afternoon!
That was a custom built motor. Here's the video of builder testing motor.

If you are interested in the rebuild I did in this car, here's link to thread. Hope link works.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
With all the engine and transmission swaps popping up I have 0 interest in anything of the sort 😂 but just for you I will check it out!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I cleaned and lubed my chain today "for fun" and replaced a window switch in the wifes car "for fun" but it just didn't seem all that fun 😂 :unsure:

221 - 240 of 289 Posts