Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 289 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Correct.
Sway Bar End Link. ... Also known as a stabilizer bar or anti-roll bar, the sway bar connects suspension components on either side of the car to minimize body leaning in turns. Though the sway bars themselves are made of long-lasting, durable steel, the end links incorporate bushings that can fail with age and wear.

Next, should be easy for the Baby Boomers.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I knew what the blend door actuator was because I almost tore the rear interior of my expedition out to replace it because I didn’t have AC in the back. I’m glad i didn’t because it wasn’t actually the issue. Turns out I have a slow leak on the long line set going to the rear. If I didn’t have that issue I wouldn’t have known what that part was. I’m a tech engineer for a living, but all of my handy work has been home based( carpentry, electrical plumbing, etc) I’m just recently getting into wrenching since getting my bike in 2018. I dabbled with my old
t-birds back in the 90’s but I never really took on anything big out of fear of screwing my self over. So I enjoy this thread because it tests me.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Is that a floor mounted dimmer switch? Geez, haven't seen that since my El Camino.

Reactions: NCPiper

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
AC evaporator coil?
Correct, sorry I missed the answer.

The evaporator core, this component helps regulate AC temperature by cycling refrigerant through the system–essentially converting warm air to cool air with the help of the engine's blower fan and compressor. A leak in the evaporator coil disrupts this process and eventually causes the system to fail.

Next:

·
Registered
632 Posts
A pen, duh. That was easy.

Reactions: Lesblank

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Steering Tie Rod End also known as Steering Rack Toe Link Rod
Correct.
The inner tie rods are pivot points and are attached to the end of the center link or rack & pinion. It is located closer to the center line of the vehicle and is accordingly named "inner tie rod." The inner tie rod is the first pivot point initiating the wheel to turn.

Next one:

Just noticed picture isn't very good. I'm taking these pictures with phone on concrete floor and shadows effect pictures. Here's a better shot I got off web to a similar one.

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #218 ·
Clutch Master Cylinder - Probably from a European car.
Correct, we're on a roll.

A clutch master cylinder contains a reservoir that stores the brake fluid. It is connected to the clutch slave cylinder through hoses. When you push the clutch pedal, brake fluid flows from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder, applying the pressure necessary to move (engage) the clutch.

Next:

201 - 220 of 289 Posts