Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Name that part

16K views 306 replies 16 participants last post by  BlueRibbonRM 
#1 ·
Often when someone asks a question we reply to check this part, then check this one, etc. Issue is, some folks don't know what the part looks like. Most of y'all know I'm in the automotive supply field, logistical side, but have a warehouse full of parts. Most automotive parts and motorcycle parts look a lot alike. I going to post pictures of part and would like y'all to guess what it is. If @BlueRibbonRM and other techs hold off some before answering that would be great, y'all should know, possibly throw a hint to what it is. I will be taking these pictures at random and post a new one with discription of previous part as they are identified correctly. Here's the first one:

See less See more
#4 ·
That's a dohickymajigger.

#11 ·
You are correct.

What is a Fuel Pressure Regulator and how does it work?
A fuel pressure regulator is used to maintain steady fuel supply, even during dramatic changes in fuel demand. The fuel injector has two sides: one side of the injector is under pressure from the the fuel rail and the other side is air boosted by a turbo or a compressor. Ideal ratio is a 1:1 ratio. The fuel pressure regulator regulates the fuel pressure against the air pressure/boost, which enables the fuel injector to maintain the perfect ratio between fuel and boost.
The fuel pressure regulator consist of a diaphragm that controls the bypass valve “ball seat” and as the picture below illustrates it can open and close in order to adjust itself for a steady fuel delivery.
When pressure (boost) is applied to the top of the regulator, the diaphragm, which is attached to the bypass valve, a spring forces the diaphragm down and reduces the amount of excess fuel, this makes the fuel pumps work harder while the fuel pressure increases linearly towards the increasing boost pressure from the intake manifold.

Next:

#22 ·
The part above is still active, but here's a second one. Just had my inventory manager come up with a gasket without part number on box. He was about to through away. I looked at it and told him year, make, model and engine size. He looked it up and sure enough, it was correct. It's amazing I can remember stuff like that, but not what my wife told me 15 minutes ago. So, @BlueRibbonRM and other techs, without using Google, year, make, model and engine size.

#29 ·
Correct.
Temperature sensor is a device, to measure the temperature through an electrical signal it requires a thermocouple or RTD (Resistance Temperature Detectors). ... If the difference in voltage is amplified, the analogue signal is generated by the device and it is directly proportional to the temperature. This info is used to start and stop the radiator fan motor.

Next:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.