Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 290 Posts

·
Administrator "Loose Nut"
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often when someone asks a question we reply to check this part, then check this one, etc. Issue is, some folks don't know what the part looks like. Most of y'all know I'm in the automotive supply field, logistical side, but have a warehouse full of parts. Most automotive parts and motorcycle parts look a lot alike. I going to post pictures of part and would like y'all to guess what it is. If @BlueRibbonRM and other techs hold off some before answering that would be great, y'all should know, possibly throw a hint to what it is. I will be taking these pictures at random and post a new one with discription of previous part as they are identified correctly. Here's the first one:

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S, 2020 Kawasaki Z900
1,025 Posts
How long do we hold off before making a guess? If that's what I am thinking then it has to do with a certain systems pressure....

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's say at least a day before you name it. Your hint is correct.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
That's a dohickymajigger.

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope.
Hint: all injected bikes, cars too, have one.

·
Houston, Texas
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You are correct.

What is a Fuel Pressure Regulator and how does it work?
A fuel pressure regulator is used to maintain steady fuel supply, even during dramatic changes in fuel demand. The fuel injector has two sides: one side of the injector is under pressure from the the fuel rail and the other side is air boosted by a turbo or a compressor. Ideal ratio is a 1:1 ratio. The fuel pressure regulator regulates the fuel pressure against the air pressure/boost, which enables the fuel injector to maintain the perfect ratio between fuel and boost.
The fuel pressure regulator consist of a diaphragm that controls the bypass valve “ball seat” and as the picture below illustrates it can open and close in order to adjust itself for a steady fuel delivery.
When pressure (boost) is applied to the top of the regulator, the diaphragm, which is attached to the bypass valve, a spring forces the diaphragm down and reduces the amount of excess fuel, this makes the fuel pumps work harder while the fuel pressure increases linearly towards the increasing boost pressure from the intake manifold.

Next:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just changed one of those so I won't say anything other than that motor runs so much better now.

1 - 20 of 290 Posts