Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, folks.

2001 800 Classic was giving me grief while checking her out during a warm spell a few weeks ago. She was fine idling, but after putting her in 1st and giving her any throttle at all, she'd die.

I'm a newer rider, but we all need to learn some time. After checking some YouTube videos and pouring over my Clymer manual, I said "Screw it" and started ripping her apart.

Pulled off the carb and took it apart. FILTHY. I almost couldn't even get the air cut off valve diaphragm off because it was just caked with gunk inside.

Anyway, ordering the parts to put it back together (some were hopeless) and I can't find any information about the part in my picture. It's not in any manuals or online that I can find. Hoping someone here has an idea.

I've included a photo of the part, as well as the actual carb diagram from the manuals, both modified to point to what I'm talking about.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,GaHack1.
That little part was, indeed, what I was looking for. Nothing I've seen to date has been able to put a name on it, though.

S

·
0 Posts
I bought a kit like that off ebay when I was rebuilding the carb on my vn800. works great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's hoping. This is the first time I've ever seen the inside of a carburetor, lol.
Parts are here and they look good. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dust boot...seems as good a name as any. Looks like it's just preventing dust from getting into the area, so I'm betting you're right. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts