Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone:

Even though I had my 2000 vulcan classic 1500 FI for a while I never worked on it. I decided to try a coolant flush which i had confidence from you guys so thanks!! All seemed to go OK, except when attaching tank to go for a test ride,I noticed the tank was tilting slightly off center to the left. Pulled bike in and loosened seat and tank and when it moved I saw this square rubber piece just laying ether attached to nothing underneath the tank of left side ( from seated position) I also noticed on R side the round rubber " spacer" type but I am unsure exactly what they are and exactly where nd how they attach back up on bike. I would be grateful if someone who has more knowledge would let me know what they are and more importantly how to reinstall so my tank is properly centered.I do not recall reading or seeing that in regards to performing the tasks. PS: I did NOT remove tank or unhook cables. I just moved the tank to the side, with odometer facing up. I would imagine, once these pieces are back in place, the tank should be centered Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:

took the tank off and moved it to see the othe side. turns out there is some sort of spacer pad ( that mystery square part ) that came undone when working on tank. The tank now sits perfectly centered. however, still unknown on that round part. Any clues??

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Those are dampers that go under the tank. The round ones (part # 92075) mount on two pegs on the frame near the triple tree that the front of the tank fits over. The rectangular ones (#92160) go on each side of the tank on the frame. There is also a semi round one (92160A) that goes under the rider end of the tank. Here's a parts diagram if this helps.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2001-kawasaki-vulcan-1500-classic-vn1500e/o/m149443#sch64631

If the diagram does not come up, find the heading "Body and fender", click on where it says "fuel tank. "

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are dampers that go under the tank. The round ones (part # 92075) mount on two pegs on the frame near the triple tree that the front of the tank fits over. The rectangular ones (#92160) go on each side of the tank on the frame. There is also a semi round one (92160A) that goes under the rider end of the tank. Here's a parts diagram if this helps.

https://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/2001-kawasaki-vulcan-1500-classic-vn1500e/o/m149443#sch64631

If the diagram does not come up, find the heading "Body and fender", click on where it says "fuel tank. "
Patrick, thanks so much buddy!!! I found where the rectangle one goes because there was one still attached to the other side. I had no clue about the round part. Much appreciated!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts