Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I could ride all year round... I live in NY and after hurricane Sandy and this sudden drop in temp, it's getting pretty rough to keep riding in 30 degree weather. I wish I could ride all year round in 60+ degree weather rain or shine...

Who else is with me on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
BOTM Winner, April 2014
786 Posts
I wish I could ride all year round... I live in NY and after hurricane Sandy and this sudden drop in temp, it's getting pretty rough to keep riding in 30 degree weather. I wish I could ride all year round in 60+ degree weather rain or shine...

I'm in Ohio & I feel the same way. I work nights, the other day if I would have rode it was 29f when I got off of work. I think I have the cloths to make it in that weather but my truck looked to inviting :(. I'll get out this weekend, the weather is supposed to creep up into the 60's & NO rain. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Me too, Im thinking of crating her off to warmer climes januaryish.
I live in right now- wet wet wet vancouver bc Canada.
Anybody ever done this?

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I live in Daytona Beach. Today is 72 AND NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY. Rode the V2K to work today! Come in down!

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

I am with ya. We got over a foot of snow during the last few days of October because of the storm. (not that it compares to the folks who caught the true wrath of the stom) Now temps are back up to normal but all the roads are covered in salt and gravel. Been riding my truck for a while now.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live in Daytona Beach. Today is 72 AND NOT A CLOUD IN THE SKY. Rode the V2K to work today! Come in down!
so freaking jealous... it's snowing and about 31 degrees outside right now... i just spent an hour cleaning off the snow from my truck and my wife's car... It's looking like my season is done for the most part

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in MA and went out for a 4 hour ride in 36 degree weather the other day. I don't use heated gear but dress for the cold. As long as it's sunny and the wind isn't whipping it's a good day for a ride. I would prefer warmer temps but I'll take whatever good days I can get.
i'm the same way... i say "it's only TOO COLD when there's snow on the ground"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know what you guys mean. We had a cold front come through today and it dipped down into the mid 60's. I actually put the liner in my mesh jacket.

Life is full of choices, there is still some room left in Florida, come on down!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Me too, Im thinking of crating her off to warmer climes januaryish.
I live in right now- wet wet wet vancouver bc Canada.
Anybody ever done this?
Probably be cheaper just to ride it down somewhere and store it, then fly back.

But then why would you wanna do that? What if you have a freak warm day and no bike?

If I was going to do that, I'd invest in a trailer (even a passenger car can haul a motorcycle on a small trailer), and just haul the bike down south when I had a few days to get away and ride!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Weekend riding....

Cincinnati, Ohio....

Saturday & Sunday, Sunny, NO chance of rain and temps in late 60's to 70's!!

I honestly believe, if someone doesn't ride with this forecast....they very well have "Daim Bramaige"!! Or maybe that's, "Brain-Damage"!! And, I may have it already, BUT!!....I promise you ALL, I'll be out getting my fill of "Handle-bar therapy" this weekend. I really hope everyone else has the same chance!!

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Cincinnati, Ohio....

Saturday & Sunday, Sunny, NO chance of rain and temps in late 60's to 70's!!

I honestly believe, if someone doesn't ride with this forecast....they very well have "Daim Bramaige"!! Or maybe that's, "Brain-Damage"!! And, I may have it already, BUT!!....I promise you ALL, I'll be out getting my fill of "Handle-bar therapy" this weekend. I really hope everyone else has the same chance!!
I'll be out! Saturday is starting to look a little better than Sunday now, but both look fine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
100 miles west of Cincy and yes expecting a great weekend. My son and I are planning to ride somewhere but I have to say, for me at least the cold isn't an issue. Precip in any form is the clincher for me. With rain or snow we just switch to the quads. No it isn't exactly the same, just different but it does scratch the itch and we see many of the same folks.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,906 Posts
At the time of posting this (2:20 PM Central time), Here in Houston Texas.

It's 81F and not a white cloud in the sky.

Good times.. yes.. good times.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
At the time of posting this (2:20 PM Central time), Here in Houston Texas.

It's 81F and not a white cloud in the sky.

Good times.. yes.. good times.
You're a jerk.

LOL. I'm excited it's 52 degrees and I can ride comfortable... sheesh.. 81...

Oh well. When it's 110 degrees down there and I'm cruising along in.. well crap... it'll be 110 here too probably in this crazy Missouri weather...

I would love to live in a place where I could ride 'comfortably' year round. I can ride year round here too when the snow isn't on the ground but, it's cold and unpredictable, and it takes ya 40 minutes to get ready! LOL

·
Registered
7,620 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Opps... sorry, i didn't see you had posted anything.

I was busy looking for some sun screen... Since it's so nice and bright outside.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts