Detailing
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Wax
303 Aerospace Protectant

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Drag Bars were removed, way too uncomfortable, need raisers or something.

Installed the OEM handlebar.

FYI you need saw off the OEM bar ends because they are not open ended. Saves yourself the effort and saw it off rather than wrestling with the loctite.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:surprise: Wow that sucks. I used a hex drive ratchet and a few swear words and they both came off with a little effort. I replaced the stock bar ends with R&G bar ends.
I look forward to the photo of your project.
:nerd:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

01/05/17
Biltwell Zero Drag Bar
Progrip 717 Grips
CRG Bar Ends
Gear indicator
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance Wax
303 Aerospace Protectant

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice work. I really like the headlight, windscreen, and tail tidy. Any particular reason for going gloss black instead of satin on the trim pieces?

For others reading this, you do not have to cut th bar-ends off. You can break the Loctite loose with a little extra persuasion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did not know there were satin pieces available!
Still though, I think I would have gone gloss just to give it a bit of accenting, same reason why I wanted a gloss finish instead of a matte finish on the windscreen.

In regards to the bar end: absolutely.
I cut them off after a broken torque wrench and frustration.
Keep in mind, if you end up installing bar end accessories, you're going to need to cut the bar ends off anyway, otherwise the open thread of the bar end will get in the way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Windscreen

Hi,

Was there much involved in getting the Puig Raptor windscreen installed. Does not come up as an option for the Vulcan S on the Puig website, but really like the look on your bike. Also how well does it work?

Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
@Ah_Fab
Kinda, you'll need to keep in mind I removed the stock headlight, bought a custom one and used a fork mounted Headlight mounts like the ones attached.
To make sure the metal mounts don't scrape the forks, I put a rubber shim/material between the mount and the fork

I bought a large headlight from ebay to mount.
Then I put in some spacers from the Puig kit to make sure I didn't squeeze the windshield.
Wedge the windshield mount between some spacers.

DIY some posts to keep the windscreen up, otherwise it'll just droop when wind pushes against it
I bought this reaaaaally long screw and threaded it in the holes behind your dash WHEN you take off the cap behind it.
Put some Blutac between the screw and the windscreen to reduce vibrations and make it stick

Refer to the pic below,
The arrows indicate where its been mounted, the circles indicate the actual pieces which are keeping it attached and up

Its great, keeps the wind from pushing against my chest above 70km/h and I feel a lot more confident as a new rider.
Also makes it look like the Harley Street range / Low Rider S

@deanarammalamma
Fixed, real sorry!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great. You can also gently remove the sticker off rear suspension and relocate it under the seat. Any chance you can tell me where you bought the turn signals?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great idea! Gonna do that sometime soon.

They're just some cheap LED lights off Ebay, try a search for LED arrow turn signals
Make sure they have bullet connectors/plugs
You'll also need to buy an adapter which has Kawasaki plug on one end and a bullet connector plug on the other
Make sure you buy a flasher relay or resistors

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the info. I will try to post my bike on here sometime. Minor changes to it but like you i like black out style on this one. I bought it speciffic for the color. I get comments and looks every time i ride. Not many of these in the area. None really that i seen here. In town mostly HD's and randomly other stuff.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts