Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've grown up my whole life riding dirt bikes. 2 years ago I me a brand new KTM 1190 Adventure and in the past two years put around 20,000 miles traveling all over the US and Baja Mexico. It's been friggen great.

Right about the time I got my KTM my mom picked up a Vulcan, my uncle picked up a victory, and a few of our buddies picked up some shadows and Harley's. We kinda started a little motorcycle club. Last year, something like 13 of us rode down to Reno from the Oregon coast for street vibrations. After riding around with these guys, sticking out like a sore thumb on my bright orange KTM, I decided to get something I could rip around town on, and go on short day trips over to the valley, so I started looking around and found a 1996 Vulcan 800 on Craigslist, and decided to bob it up.

I'm starting this as a way to document my progress, get involved in the Vulcan community, and where I can ask questions and listen to suggestions from those who've been here longer than I have. So here it goes I guess.

A few pictures of the bike just as it was as I picked it up a few days ago. Last night I ordered some 4.5 inch bar risers, new bars, grips and some exhaust wrap off amazon for a little over $100. Today, after taking her for a spin down to Cannon Beach to turn some heads, I took off the front lamp, mirrors, and fuel tank, cleaned em up, and put a couple coats of flat black spray paint on. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get another coat on, then head over to the parts store and pick up a K&N air filter to put on I place of the airbox that's on it. I'm pretty dang excited for this project! Never done much custom work to any of my bikes before, so this should be a fun experience! Let me know what y'all think or if you got any ideas on things to do to help make her stand out a little!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
off to a good start. I got my Vulcan last fall, and I've been enjoying it. Weather here is finally starting to come around for the spring season. Looking forward to more pics of your progress.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Put your front fender back on. Your radiator and your wallet will thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put your front fender back on. Your radiator and your wallet will thank you.
It didn't have a front fender when I got it. Ordered one on Amazon that just got here yesterday. Front and rear. Doin a little cutting and painting then they mount!! I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures but can't seem to figure it out?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts