Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the front fender put on this morning and now the scoot is returned to new status. Nothing serious was damaged but a lot of small things got dinged up a little and had to be replaced. Cost the idiot who hit me about $3285.00 to fix my scooter so I hope he's happy now.
He told the policeman that "I didn't see him" and in the next breath told the officer that I was traveling really fast. I asked him how the Hell he knew I was traveling fast when by his own admission, he didn't see me. He had nothing to say after that.
Hope he's happy now that he's had to pay for my bike. IDIOT! BLIND IDIOT, UNCONSCIOUS IDIOT, STUPID ASS IDIOT.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I've had quite a few idiots pull out, look, then stop when they see me. All of them on the right intersection at rest. I'll never understand why they don't clearly look BEFORE they start. I never thought I'd say this but my comfort level for an enjoyable, therapeutic, relaxing ride has hit an all time low.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
which is why the wife and I ride what I call EXTREME backroads. We can often ride 20 minutes without seeing a car.
I was going to say that in my last post but got lazy. That's where I mostly ride is the back roads around the marshes, swamps and reserves. Beautiful areas where there's little traffic. I've ventured onto new (unexplored) roads that ended up dirt and gravel and are too narrow to turn around. Sucks when that happens. But, my Vulcan can carry supplies like food, liqueur, and anything I need for an excuse to ride to go pick up something (sometimes need a destination). Whether I need gas, lunch, or the before mentioned supplies I have to meander into a town where the bluehairs and the farts wait to ruin my ride.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
SOMETIMES those back roads (I live in such an area) can be worse, as drivers aren't used to seeing other vehicles. Taking corners way over the yellow line, pulling out without so much as a glance. It happens! Just gotta be aware.

I see that alot too, the pull out THEN look thing. I tend to watch front tires, to try and 'catch' that. Also; know that there's an incredible psychological phenomenon that occurs when you are concentrating on things that makes your mind 'ignore' certain objects. A driver can look STRAIGHT AT YOU, and not see you if they are distracted. Their brain is expecting a car, they are listening to the radio, thinking of other things, it's not a car, so the brain says "Go ahead!"

·
Registered
775 Posts
Metro

I have more problems with animals than cars.
I feel for you guys that live in these high traffic areas.
I see how many of you regularly travel with 80+ mph traffic.
I know you can get "used" to it like you get used to living by an airport or train tracks.
I am very glad that I don't have to live like that.

JJ

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone have any use for a slightly damaged front fender from a 2010 V2K?

It has a slight twist to it now and a pretty deep scratch and dent on the right front side. Can easily be fixed, sanded down and repainted if need be.

I will make someone a great price + shipping if anyone wants it. Otherwise I'm gonna let the insurance company worry about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts