Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Shark 250w system with the new speakers. I am not 100% complete with my install but you can see how it looks.

What I am going to do is add a second clamp to the aluminum plate and I think I will try 1" clamps since the 1 1/4" clamp with one strip of rubber tightened all the way to the end and was still loose. In the picture, you can see I added more rubber stripping which doesn't look that great so I think a smaller clamp will do with one strip of rubber.

I used industrial strength round velcro for the remote control. Sticks solidly in place. Hooked up the power straight to the battery. I just unplug the amp when I turn off the bike. I don't care about the clock since we have a clock on our 900's.

To the left is my handlebar mount with the Garmin Nuvi inside. To the right is the Microsoft Zune 30Gig in that handlebar mount. The case comes off so when I park, I can remove those and take them with me or actually unzip the cases and take just the devices.

I also purchased a solar power backup device so I can charge either device (most likely the Garmin) if needed. I may add a velcro strip for the solar powered device. It is small.

The nice thing about the device clamps are that they come off quick and can be installed quickly so I can remove both and have a less "busy" look.

These are $25 at REI (I got them free from my earned dividends).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I might switch locations so I can have the Zune on my left since I will want to change songs often and easier to do without reaching across to my right. The GPS won't need changing very often while rolling.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey Joe, it does look good, and I would switch the zune to the left as well, its easier to change songs. Did the amp clamp (rhymes, hehe) come with the package you got? If not what kinda clamp is that? Is there not a better place to put the amp? Just wondering cause it looks gaudy there on your bars. On my V* I had, I taped the amp down on my rear fender, kinda behind my saddlebags and never had a problem with it. I think I might try the pyle system from gooddeals18 and see how they sound, I dunno if I want to risk it as I KNOW these speakers you have are awesome.
I also have the same GPS mount and love it! Has quiet a glare to it when the sun is shining right on it though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
These are $25 at REI (I got them free from my earned dividends).[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link to where a person could order those mounts?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Wow! That's a lot going on on those bars! I think you're about 1 piece of technology from calling up NORAD. :)
Too funny, i was wondering how he sees over the dash.:)

·
Registered
450 Posts
awesome i wanna stereo but dont think I'll be able to hear it at 80 mph on the freeway with my pipes and mostly wind noise

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I moved the stereo/receiver down lower so it is really only visible if you are behind the Vulcan.

No windshield? Forget hearing anything at decent speed.
With windshield, can't really hear above 65mph. Stock pipes.

Goldwing? $23k+
Vulcan 900? ~$7k+

No brainer there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts