Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
welp spent the last 3 hours at the shop putting in for on the destroyer. got the bars striped down and risers mostly removed lol. it was a pain in the ass. i had to pull apart the top plate of my triple tree to remove the old ones because the bolts were rubbed up next to the center shaft. and it did not want to come off but with a rubber mallet and some lube any thing will budge. hoping my cables will be in friday so by then all i have to do is hook em on and roll. lucky for me and an few ocd members these photos dont show off exactly how dirty the old girl is. some might go into cleaning fits if they could tell =p.

but at least i ran into a snag...its 2 am and my buddy with most of our tools is asleep...and i need them lol... got as far as i could tonight so tomorrow we will cont. i need sleep anyways...so good night!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh...and as you can see i have 2 barrels of empty beer cans in our shop...so you know were doing it right and workin hard lol.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well after a long ass night of fiddling around and learning new things i didnt get as far as i wanted. 1/4 of rum and a few beer +7 hours i have pulled the tank ran new cables got my old gripsoff with minimal damage to them and mounted the risers but not the bars. im fairly proud ive done most of this myself i consider this more into the advanced mods , i only broke one thing so far and that was were the throttle cable hooks into the grip. the small POS plastic peace that the cable hooks into the corner of it snapped on me. but the cable still sits in place and i used a dab of super glue to put the broken peace back in place to make sure the cable dont slip.

ima try to finish tomorrow but i think i got sold the wrong risers. they side they were for a 1 inch bar but they seem like there 7/8 there not clamping right and the bolts are to short. but ima wait till my buddy shots up cause i was trying to mount em alone after working 8 hours today then spending another 7 hours at the shop. im drained as all hell and getting a little sloppy with my work so im turning in. we will see where tomorrow brings us.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and that was whats left of my old clutch cable...i dunno how the hell that thing held on for that long like that.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well so far tonight things are coming together. I have the left side of my bars wired up and done. But the brake lines with the kit for my bike came with the wrong banjo bolt that goes into the master cylinder the threading wrong. So currently I'm only running one front brake till I can contact the seller of the kit. Its the baron kit. I'm finish extending the wires for the left side and with any luck have this fired up by the end of the night. ...on a side note I did turn my key on when I hooked the right side up and noticed I had no neutral light. And couldn't find neutral tapping the shifter...dunno if I need to hook my clutch up 1st or what...we will see

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update its done!

after 4 long nights in the shop ,lack of sleep and a case of beer its done! i have a small blimish or 2 but i am very proud of what i did. ive never had any training schooling or anything like that i just kinda jumped in and did it. and i was able to do it. i aprishate all the help and support ive got from here. and i think bigsarge for having photos up to help me see where my brake lines ran...that kinda threw me for a loop when i took the stock lines apart. lol.

a lot of people look at this bike and are floored that i have it. a lot of people say im to young to have a bike this nice being only 24. but ive road since i was 18 have had 4 bikes ( 3 vulcans a 750 ,a nomad and this one) i took it for a spin and it tossed me for a loop i almost snaped a floor bord off lol i normally dip hard into corners and the new center of gravity from these bars is amazing it takes no effort to dip into a corner. i think ima have to look into raising the bike a inch so i can corner a bit better. i have some small adjustments to do but its running....and im very pleased..

also on a side note...only being able to use 1 brake on the front is like using none.. the banjo bolt they sent was a fine thread and didnt fit so im only able to run one brake line currently..waiting to get a new one sent to me . its almost 4am and i have to work today and im beat so ima go catch up on some sleep guys. goodnight!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts