Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO like the tittle says heres my other hobby when not tinkering with a bike, or spending time with the kids.

I build 1/14th scale RC semi trucks. All start off from a stock kit then they get customized. I am down to 3 trucks but at one time had 8. Each truck varies in time and price and can go as low as a $700 shelf sitter to a FUll RC with lights and sound ranging up to $2k-$5000. I belong to several forums and a few clubs. It is not a hobby for everyone due to the costs of it all but I like it so I thought I would share some of my work with you all.

This is my Favorite truck I built.

Heres some from a meet

Just thought id share with you.

So what do you all do when not riding?

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
That's quite a little fleet there! (Yes, that was intended.)
Now that drones are all the rage, I wish I had gotten into RC airplanes.

Camping, fly fishing and hunting. That's why I haven't been typing as much lately...deer season.

·
Premium Member
2,384 Posts
I didn't even know they had such!

Geesh, back when I had a life, firearms/range time, boating, fishing, SCUBA

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
COOL toys bro!!
Thanks! They are quite fun but expensive

That's quite a little fleet there! (Yes, that was intended.)
Now that drones are all the rage, I wish I had gotten into RC airplanes.

Camping, fly fishing and hunting. That's why I haven't been typing as much lately...deer season.
I love fishing have yet to do that since the move, planes are fun used to have those and the heli's but crash one and well theres a few grand you threw away even salvaging parts:(

Fishing when I have time.
Fishing is on my top 5 list

I didn't even know they had such!

Geesh, back when I had a life, firearms/range time, boating, fishing, SCUBA
HAHA don't even get me started on firearms I always need more... Scuba was fun but never enough time.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It used to be shooting. But I spent about 3 years being sick. Had zero energy for hobbies. Much better now and my energy level is back. Now I spend my free time doing all the home repairs I neglected. As soon as I can catch up I'll get back into it. I've been thinking of trying idpa.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I am a self proclaimed coffee connoisseur. It's cheaper than many hobbies and brings great joy to myself and my family.

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
I used to be into RC Airplanes but I kind of faded away from that hobby. It's kind of pricey when you include dues to a club (to use their flying field), AMA insurance, etc. The biggest reason though, is that it's really only a hobby you can do in good weather- and when the weathers good I would rather be on the bike! I wish I could find a good "winter hobby".

I'm also into tinkering with my cars/bikes, detailing, and just anything like that. I pride myself in scratch/swirl/mar free paint that is usually pretty clean (but when the weather is like it is dirt is common! But they get a waterless wash a couple times a week at least when that happens)

·
El Jefe
166 Posts
When not riding, I hit the trails and go backpacking. Its a double treat when I get to ride the 1600 to the trailhead and backpack for the weekend and ride back home on Sunday evening. I also restore old log cabins. i recently restored an 1850's Chestnut log cabin just outside of Shenandoah National Park. Currently drawing up plans to build a 4 person treehouse here in Central Virginia.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
MODEL ROCKETS!!!

Been doin it since 1970 or 1971, not all the time but still doin it. Tryin to plan an outing beginning of the year.

I still get as excited before a launch as I did when I first started!!

RACNRAY

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I really enjoyed karate.
I had to give up any kind of real training a couple of months ago because the high impact nature of the sport causes a LOT of pain my ankles.
I still kick the bag and spar with my son a couple of times a week. But running, jumping, deep stances and katas are out. :(

Before getting into riding I used to camp and fish a bit. Now, if the weather is nice enough, I want to be on my bike.

Scott

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Fishing, hunting, camping, snowmobiling, stereo & home theater, and home brewing. Been most active with the latter in recent history.

Oh, yeah, I like the coffee thing too. Picked up a Bunn Phase Brew coffemaker not too long ago, and occasionally break out the French Press. Dark roasts are good, but I think my favs tend toward the somewhat lighter to medium roast varieties. Kenya I really like. Also, still hard to beat a cup of good old Columbian.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Computer repair, small engine repair, addicted to Assassins Creed and my girls like me to play minecraft with them. (I'm the king castle builder)

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I spend a significant amount of my free time in the winter playing video games, mostly PS3, some online but mostly single-player stuff. I used to be in a couple bands playing local clubs but it's been a few years since that was going on. However, I got asked to fill in on bass in one of my old bands for a New Years Eve gig, so I've been knocking the rust off for that all week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Whitewater kayaking and catarafting. My sons just started a new business selling RC quad copters; www.Cali-bros.com . I'm learning how to fly those. They sell a beginner quad copter and will custom build the bigger ones as you progress. Two of them are aero-engineers in their real jobs. We're having a quad-copter Christmas.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 45 Posts